Push and stomps overhaul

ditoseadio

56 minutes ago, Aardman55 said:

stomping really doesn't tire people lol

ehh, it depends on the person. If you're not in good shape and go to constantly stomp on someones head to crush it or whatever, then yeah, that person would get tired after a Z or two. Then you have the adrenaline come down that takes place and that exhausts people more than the action itself. 

Edited by Kelefane

19 hours ago, Mr_Sunshine said:

Surely stomping continuously, to cave in the solid bone and flesh of a zombie's head -as well as doing it multiple times to multiple zombies- would be tiring. 

i may just be talking for myself then but no matter how hard and how powerful you stomp, it just a simple leg movement. like walking, you can walk for miles straight and not get tired at all cause youre simply just moving your leg back and forth, its not like punching for example. unless they add the ability to lift rocks or other items in the environment and smash em on their heads for a mushy instakill i wouldnt want this tiring from stomps feature added. it would just end up making the game too hard on something that isnt hard at all.

3 hours ago, Aardman55 said:

i may just be talking for myself then but no matter how hard and how powerful you stomp, it just a simple leg movement. like walking, you can walk for miles straight and not get tired at all cause youre simply just moving your leg back and forth, its not like punching for example.

Whaaaaat? Either you are a very athletic youngster, an active and very in-shape adult, or you are Superman.

Explosively stomping your foot with enough force to shatter a human skull requires a lot more force than simple walking. Repeating this a few dozen times will tire you out.

I think its very fair to say that most people do tire from 'simple leg movement'. Actually a lot of people do get tired after walking for miles. Their muscles might not be sore, but their pulse is elevated and they are likely breathing a bit harder.

If simple leg movements weren't tiring, then climbing stairs wouldn't be tiring. People who run marathons shouldn't be respected for their endurance and stamina. After all its just simple leg movements that they are doing, and those aren't tiring at all right?

For a test, each reader should go walk a mile while lifting their knees to their waist height (to simulate repeated stomping). I'd wager that easily 90+% of people will be breathing harder and have a highly elevated heart rate. That's without the explosive stomping movement.

Ever have to dig with a shovel in hard packed soil? Where you have to repeatedly stomp the shovel? It's grueling work.

Better yet, go stomp a dozen watermelons/pumpkins if you feel like wasting some money/food. You might not be bone-weary and exhausted, but you'll be noticeably more tired than when you started.

All movement, it does not matter the type, tires you out to some extent.

Work (J)= Force (N) x Displacement (D)

It all adds up.