New Metalworking (spoiler) from RJ

Strats

So another question: How would metal walls be destroyed? It would have to be way more than a simple sledgehammer... Perhaps it would require a blowtorch and a good chunk of time to take down one section (for players) or a big horde of zombies? Would make the metal walls much more useful in multiplayer if they could effectively keep people out.

that first post kinda hit a nerve. something that's always bugged me in games like fallout, is why is everything so crummy? is there not a single skilled craftsman out there in the wasteland? now a game like this, assuming normal xp gain, involves a lot of grind. the pay off for that kinda grind should most definitely be buildings of the same calibre as those already present on the map. not immune to zed, mind you, but at least purdy lookin. is it reasonable? no, not really. but I'm not building a ramshackle fortress made of corrugated steel, either. an entirely new skill, combined perhaps with the reasonable expectation of high level carpentry, a few dozen extra recipe magazines found in hardware stores, tool sheds, etc: godly building abilities. yea the payoff is huge, but getting there requires not only a combination of several high level skills, but also finding recipes. and if the zed can still get through, its not game-breaking is it?

10 hours ago, Crashdummy11880 said:

Please keep in mind that you cant weld something together just with a blowtorch. With a Blowtorch you could solder but not weld.

You can braze, weld, and solder with a torch given that you have the fuel to power it.

You can solder with a hand held torch that has a fuel source attached to it though. Welding/brazing would require too much heat for such a small fuel source.

15 minutes ago, dannyisdude said:

I meant, "What?", as in, "What was removed?", because the things I posted pictures of are still in the game. :P

You can right click  and begin the metal barricade action in the public build now too but you don't get the texture like you posted from iwbums

8 hours ago, dannyisdude said:

I still get the texture. Not sure what you're talkin' about.

Are you using the IWBUMS build? I'm talking out the latest public release. Not seeing the texture at all when built. Was hoping to add some flavor to some of our events with it on Redboid server.

13 hours ago, Hicks said:

Are you using the IWBUMS build? I'm talking out the latest public release. Not seeing the texture at all when built. Was hoping to add some flavor to some of our events with it on Redboid server.

Oh, no, I was talking about the IWBUMS build. I thought that was what you were talking about.