Ammo reloading?

DresdenBBQ

Ammo reloading would be a great way to get extra ammo your low on and manage to get your ingame reloading skill up a bit! When reloading a round it requires a bullet, primer, casing, and gunpowder! It would be nice to ingame maybe get this so like i said we could get more ammo easier or maybe have it to where you have to have maybe level 5 reloading to start doing this? Maybe even having a certain level in the new smithing to do this? It's just a suggestion but feed back and comments on this would be great to tell me if i left something out.

I remember that you don't want to pickup recently fired casings bare-handed, they are ridiculously hot, I burned myself when I was real young trying to "help" by pickup spent casings from a rifle, I recall I earned a blister.

Amusing (to me at least) childhood story aside, I do wonder where you could get gunpowder from over the longer term; I'm pretty dumb on the manufacturing process of ammo not to mention creation of the material components. I'm a little more familiar with the loading of black powder muskets and cannons, just from years of watching them be fired. But I still couldn't tell you how to produce gunpowder.

Edited by makkenhoff

1 hour ago, makkenhoff said:

I remember that you don't want to pickup recently fired casings bare-handed, they are ridiculously hot, I burned myself when I was real young trying to "help" by pickup spent casings from a rifle, I recall I earned a blister.

Amusing (to me at least) childhood story aside, I do wonder where you could get gunpowder from over the longer term; I'm pretty dumb on the manufacturing process of ammo not to mention creation of the material components. I'm a little more familiar with the loading of black powder muskets and cannons, just from years of watching them be fired. But I still couldn't tell you how to produce gunpowder.

You could probably find jars of gunpowder to start off but eventually maybe you could get some sulfer or something and make it yourself? 

I've never had trouble finding ammo but in a multiplayer server with PVP a reloading bench would be a must-have at some point.

Could pave the way for more skills, recipes and occupation traits to add even more depth to the game

+1 times a thousand if possible

1 minute ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I've never had trouble finding ammo but in a multiplayer server with PVP a reloading bench would be a must-have at some point.

Could pave the way for more skills, recipes and occupation traits to add even more depth to the game

+1 times a thousand if possible

Thing is with reloading is you don't even need a bench for it, you could do it on any serface  just  be careful the ammount of gunpowder you put in, too much and you might blow up the gun.

On 4/16/2016 at 6:54 PM, makkenhoff said:

I would see most people policing their brass in this type of situation. If you go to the gun range a lot, you will see a lot of people use nets attached to the weapons that the casings are ejected into. So they never fall to the ground and are already bagged up for you. 

But to make gunpowder, all you need is   potassium nitrate (Basically saltpeter, people use this stuff every day), sulfur (This stuff is likely harder to get), and charcoal

Edited by Slice985

I don't suppose you could use water that contains higher amounts of sulfur, boil the liquid into a gas, and then use the resulting residue powder? I'm sure you'd end up with other minerals in with your sulfur, but maybe you could separate that using chemistry? 

15 hours ago, makkenhoff said:

I don't suppose you could use water that contains higher amounts of sulfur, boil the liquid into a gas, and then use the resulting residue powder? I'm sure you'd end up with other minerals in with your sulfur, but maybe you could separate that using chemistry? 

No, I don't think this would work sadly. Likely you would need a much better knowledge of explosives then I posses to find a substitute for sulfur.  I know it is used for fertilizers, but I have no idea how you would try to filter it out and what quantity you would get. I knew I should have gotten that Chemistry Degree lol.. 

On 18.4.2016 at 1:55 PM, Slice985 said:

I would see most people policing their brass in this type of situation. If you go to the gun range a lot, you will see a lot of people use nets attached to the weapons that the casings are ejected into. So they never fall to the ground and are already bagged up for you. 

But to make gunpowder, all you need is   potassium nitrate (Basically saltpeter, people use this stuff every day), sulfur (This stuff is likely harder to get), and charcoal

You dont make "Gunpowder" with this recipe. You get Blackpowder. Blackpowder is more dirty and less powerful.