Installing Mods and Maps on a Hosted server

DirtyRamen

Hey guys, I have some expirience running GMod and Rust servers, but have never messed with PZ. 

I just bought a server that I'm managing through FTP. I have my mods installed into my  Zomboid/server/mods directory on the FTP server, and I have the maps installed into media/maps.

I am wanting to use Muldraugh, West Point, and Bedford Falls. I want the user to be able to pick their spawn before they create their character. Everytime I load into a new character, it spawns me without a choice of map.

This is what my spawnpoints lua looks like:

function SpawnRegions()  return {    { name = "Muldraugh, KY", file = "media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },    { name = "West Point, KY", file = "media/maps/West Point, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },    { name = "Bedford Falls, KY", file = "media/maps/BedfordFalls/spawnpoints.lua" },  }end

this is what my servertest.ini looks like:

nightlengthmodifier=1.0
PVP=true
PauseEmpty=false
GlobalChat=true
Open=true
ServerWelcomeMessage= <RGB:1,0,0> Welcome to ThePlague! <LINE> <RGB:1,1,1> 
LogLocalChat=false
AutoCreateUserInWhiteList=false
DisplayUserName=true
SpawnPoint=10633,9314,0
SafetySystem=true
ShowSafety=true
SafetyToggleTimer=100
SafetyCooldownTimer=120
SpawnItems=
DefaultPort=16261
ResetID=263231328
Mods=Hydrocraft;ORGM;PumpPower;HydrORGMAmmo;MoreBuild;RMConvenientBags;SVGZombieLoot;BedfordFalls
Map=Bedford Falls, KY;West Point, KY;Muldraugh, KY
SpawnRegions=servertest_spawnregions.lua
DoLuaChecksum=true
Public=true
PublicName=ThePlague - Fresh Apocalypse -- PVP // BaseBuilding // Survival
PublicDescription=
MaxPlayers=16
PingFrequency=10
PingLimit=400
HoursForLootRespawn=0
MaxItemsForLootRespawn=4
ConstructionPreventsLootRespawn=true
DropOffWhiteListAfterDeath=false
NoFireSpread=false
NoFire=false
AnnounceDeath=false
MinutesPerPage=1.0
HoursForCorpseRemoval=0
SaveWorldEveryMinutes=0
PlayerSafehouse=false
AdminSafehouse=false
SafehouseAllowTrepass=true
SafehouseAllowFire=true
SafehouseAllowLoot=true
SafehouseAllowRespawn=false
SafehouseDaySurvivedToClaim=0
SafeHouseRemovalTime=144
AllowDestructionBySledgehammer=true
KickFastPlayers=false
ServerPlayerID=81728172
RCONPort=27600
RCONPassword=oijjwc7sc7
Password=
SteamPort1=9000
SteamPort2=9001
WorkshopItems=
SteamScoreboard=true
SteamVAC=true

This is driving me crazy, any help would be appreciated!

This should be in the file servertest_spawnregions.lua, same as it says in the servertest.ini file:

SpawnRegions=servertest_spawnregions.lua

function SpawnRegions()

return {

{ name = "Muldraugh, KY", file = "media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },

{ name = "West Point, KY", file = "media/maps/West Point, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },

{ name = "Bedford Falls, KY", file = "media/maps/BedfordFalls/spawnpoints.lua" },

}

end

I used that exact code in servertest_spawnregions.lua and it still just loads me in the same spawn point in Muldraugh. It loads everyone into the same exact spawn point.

I uploaded the map files into media/Bedford Falls, KY through my FTP program and it all seems to be in the right place.

I don't even get an option to pick which map I want between Muldraugh, and West Point. 

Do I need to have all my mods/map IDs from steam in the " WorkshopItems= " line? 

Also is my "Map=" line correct like this:  Map=Bedford Falls, KY;West Point, KY;Muldraugh, KY  or should I just have Muldraugh? I've seen places say both ways.

Steam-enabled servers will download Workshop items, you only need to add the Workshop item ID # to the servertest.ini file.

WorkshopItems=522891356  will tell the server to download Bedford Falls and also ensure clients that join your server download the same Workshop item.  You don't need to FTP any map files.

Mods=BedfordFalls tells the server to use this mod.  This takes the mod id (from the mod.info file), not a folder name.

Map=BedfordFalls;West Point, KY;Muldraugh, KY  Each of these is the folder name in media/maps/NAME/

Most of this stuff is easier to do in the IWBUMS branch, which has a server-settings editor built into the game.