The Walking Dead Hardcore RP server

TheDreaded1

Server Name: [TWD][HARDCORE][RP][24/7]

Resets: whenever majority is ready to start over

Loot Respawn: 2 years

Zombies: Normal count, poor senses

You can only hit or push 1 zombie at a time due to the weapons nerf mod!!

MY Work Schedule: (US-Central) Mon: 11p-6a Tues: 11p-6a Wed: 12a-5a Thurs: 5p-5a Fri: 5p-5a Sat: 5p-5a Sun: OFF

The Server is live!! This is my first time running a server, so bear with me, and let me know if you have any problems at all!!

You can be any character that's ever existed within TWD universe, or create an original character. Characters are available on a first come, first serve basis. Please use proper names for original characters. 

Rules:

-To create ENEMIES: When you/your group are in an intense situation and someone opens fire, please don't actively chase anyone down and kill them, until 2 encounters have happened. Take pot shots at each other, but then run away. After the 2nd encounter, however, all bets are off and may the best survivor win.

-Absolutely NO KOS!! Pvp is allowed but must have a reason (you are enemies/you need their stuff).

-To claim a safehouse, rename something and place it in front of EVERY door on 1st floor. Safehouses cannot be robbed unless at least 1 person from the house's group is online, and safehouses cannot be attacked unless at least half of the house's group is online.

-Fully Fabricated safehouses are not allowed. You must use a pre-existing building and fortify it.

-Police Officer, Veteran, and Carpenter occupation is not allowed for any Original Character. They can be chosen ONLY if you choose an established character with the occupation.

-Global chat is for OOC conversations only. Use the ingame radio/walkie system to communicate at distance. Try to keep OOC to a minimum.

-Consider this an alternate timeline, as such, relation progression from the show doesn't matter. Only acceptable lore relations are those from before the start of the apocalypse (family and friends), nor do you have to follow your character's path from the show. Only thing you can use from the show is the character's personality and skill set.

-Don't cheese or do anything that wouldn't be believable (No luring huge groups of zombies away from loot spots, no soloing 30 zombies, ect.)

-There will be one custom building towards the center of the map which will act as a neutral trade post. No pvp allowed, no exceptions.

-There's almost no way to RP familiar games without some metagaming. As such, the pz map by blindcoder is allowed. 

-Rp Personalities are not a reflection of RL Personalities.

-We are working with the Honor System!!!

Mods:

-Hydrocraft

-ORMtnMan's Real Gun Mod Edit by Jether

-HydrORGMAmmo

-ORGM Guns Silencer

-ORGM Override

-Self Induced Injuries with Hydrocraft/orgm

-Allmapshere

-Littering 1.9

-QuickContainers

-Weapon Nerf

-ModelLoaderExtension

Maps:

Bedford Falls
Downtown
Drayton Rebuild
Louisiana
New Denver
Phoenix
TWD Prison
Vine Grove
Dreadwood- No spawn point
South Muldraugh- No spawn point
Grove Beach 

If this seems like a setting you will enjoy, pm me your character and build for approval. Hope to see you in the Apocalypse!!

Claimed Chars

-Shane Walsh

-Daryl Dixon

-Tara Chambler

-Glenn Rhee

-Tyreese Williams

EDIT: I've finally gotten everything working except the workshop ID's. When they are included in the ini, it won't advance past the  "server requires these mods" screen even if I'm already subscribed to the required mods. So I'm going to include the workshop ID for all the mods. Just copy the ID into the workshop search bar, and it will take you to the page to subscribe to the mod. Also, due to how long it took me to fix and figure out the server, I'm putting loot to respawn in 2 years instead of never. If you had a character, you will have to delete them...sorry about that.

Edited by TheDreaded1

-To claim a safehouse, rename something and place it in front of EVERY door on 1st floor. Safehouses cannot be robbed unless at least 1 person from the house's group is online, and safehouses cannot be attacked unless at least half of the house's group is online.

How did you do that?

and this is nice with the new clothing update when it comes :D

Edited by jamesorbe0

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

Why would you have no respawn on? i mean i know it will be a white listed server but wouldn't loot respawn be something more reasonable like a month? 6 months? Not never

With the number of cities, loot won't be too difficult. Not to mention the organic gameplay it will produce. It will force people to find a group, and will force groups to migrate and potentially attack each other! The server is meant to be hard (we'll probably all die horrible deaths eventually) and loot doesn't respawn irl. 

31 minutes ago, jamesorbe0 said:

How did you do that?

and this is nice with the new clothing update when it comes :D

You just right click a bag, or a set of keysand rename them. You can also use a pen and paper an put your group members on that.

49 minutes ago, TheDreaded1 said:

With the number of cities, loot won't be too difficult. Not to mention the organic gameplay it will produce. It will force people to find a group, and will force groups to migrate and potentially attack each other! The server is meant to be hard (we'll probably all die horrible deaths eventually) and loot doesn't respawn irl. 

I know it's meant to be hard, but you have to face the fact that eventually supplies will run out regardless of moving from city to city and when that happens everyone will be fucked unless you have a giant farm and sustainable rain collectors and even then people WILL die and when they do, their gear goes with them i mean, how many axes will even be on the ENTIRE server? anywhere from 1-10?

Thats why a really long respawn would be optimal, i mean you could set it for 2-3 years and then set it to rare loot after that so every 2-3 years it might not seem like stuff is respawning but it is.

Edited by Queen Glory

Nah I think Dreaded has it right. With all the added maps and limited players due to a whitelist, it will create a good challenge once supplies dwindle and groups have to branch out farther. If you want it easier there are many servers for that. We need more hard core servers!

Edited by RicoUK

41 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

I know it's meant to be hard, but you have to face the fact that eventually supplies will run out regardless of moving from city to city and when that happens everyone will be fucked unless you have a giant farm and sustainable rain collectors and even then people WILL die and when they do, their gear goes with them i mean, how many axes will even be on the ENTIRE server? anywhere from 1-10?

Thats why a really long respawn would be optimal, i mean you could set it for 2-3 years and then set it to rare loot after that so every 2-3 years it might not seem like stuff is respawning but it is.

With the day length as long as it is, we'll all be dead and resetting before we run out of food or starve. It will also make solo playing much harder and create a real reason to fight other groups, which is the result I'm going for. Don't forget, there will also be a neutral trading zone, which will help as far as materials.

4 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Yeah i guess so if you're going for regular server resets. will you be using a custom server spawn settings for the ORGM mod? Because regardless of rarity it will be pretty easy to get some major guns fast.

The ORGM i have was edited to make automatics and auto ammo very rare. With the weapon nerf mod, you can only hit/push one zombie at a time, so people will need to use guns more, so i don't want to make arming yourself TOO difficult, just the particular weapon availability.

Edited by TheDreaded1

Huh i may try to whitelist for you server in a couple of months because thats when i get my new gaming rig.

1 minute ago, TheDreaded1 said:

More than likely juat the normal two spawns. The ORGM i have was edited to make automatics and auto ammo very rare. With the weapon nerf mod, you can only hit/push one zombie at a time, so people will need to use guns more, so i don't want to make arming yourself TOO difficult, just the particular weapon availability.

• 5 months later...