More Late Game Radio Broadcasts

Strats

I've been reading through the radio broadcasts in my playthroughs and really love the new lore; however, the radio feels very empty after 6-months. It'd be cool if new radio broadcasts were added in the late game that were canon (aka not created by players, but by the devs). I think that this would be a cool way for the player to realize that yes, the world is over, but there are still other survivors out there after 9 months of survival.

3 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

This will come, but won't be super-soon. In the meantime I'm hoping that the release of WordZed will get a few cool mods and lore projects going within the community.

I have one question about lore / radio brodcast. Once we get louisville and an option to spawn there how it will affect the game history. In those brodcasts we can hear that at start only MU and WP were infected and Louisville was secured by military. So if we spawn there will it be zombie - free zone or you just disable spawning in Lousiville ?

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

We'll have some cleverness involving spawning at particular moments on the timeline, cleverness to do with the blockade etc.

So does this mean that starting off in Louisville would be a very different experience than a West Point/Muldraugh start (at least in the beginning).

I'm not sure about radio broadcast 6 months in, it seems natural for everyone to be dead. Now when NPCs are implemented, I can see radio broadcast from them, meeting them. 

Yes, Louisville will be a VERY different experience. Muldraugh and Westpoint, combined, are only a few thousand people. Louisville Metro has 1,000,0000 people. Basically 100x more zombies. There is also a river which cuts off all of the W side and the N side. Which means these things have nowhere to go except for south into Muldraugh/Wespoint/Etown. Or east into the rest of the country. 

Spoiler

I am not sure how they are going to do Louisville however. One of the radio broadcast seemed to indicate that Louisville was on the N side of a river. Which would be where the actual city of New Albany is located. So, it sounds like either a mistake or they are taking liberties with the actual world map. Either way i'm excited to see how they do it. 

Inside the story there is a blockade fall back a few days into the event. Which likely means people who start in Louisville will likely start the game on like July 14th-16th rather then July 9th. I don't have my notes on me, but the S suburbs of Louisville fall midway through the epidemic and then the whole city goes around the 20th or so. So likely a suburb spawn would be there in that first week and a downtown spawn would be after the 20th.  

On 13/4/2016 at 1:38 AM, Batsphinx said:

We'll have some cleverness involving spawning at particular moments on the timeline, cleverness to do with the blockade etc.

So that is where the quarantine will take place, getting near the quarantine zone will mean you will get shot?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to hear late game about how people outside of these contained areas are doing or about possibly that the government is hiding what has happened here. Seriously you dont think eventually someone would try and figure out whats going on or try to hide it. Plus i know that oversea broadcasts may still be going on as normal.) And then Cd's and videos could be added for even more fun weather it be to sing along and gain moral or you start slowly going mad listening to Christmas music in July, Thanks people, thanks for only saving Christmas tunes....