IWBUMS 34.15

EasyPickins

3 hours ago, Spartanz920 said:

Is tiredness going to be an option for the server settings? It wouldn't make any sense to not have it as an option for people who want it for just a couple friends and them. Especially with the new sleep system that's been implemented.

Yes, I added another server option called SleepNeeded to make players get tired as they do in singleplayer.

I think I've found a bug with the zoom options. If I check just one zoom level I can still scroll out, and if I check just two zoom options I can scroll through 3. There's this one far out zoom level that never goes away. And if I selected the 3rd and 5th level of zoom and then swap the 5th level for the 4th level, it doesn't seem to change anything, or doesn't feel like it's the right level.

Also why does all the grass look fuzzy at higher zoom levels? it's really annoying. On some of the zoom levels, number 2 for example your character looks out of focus, whys that?

5 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Yes, I added another server option called SleepNeeded to make players get tired as they do in singleplayer.

Thanks so much :D This is a huge step for the friends I play casually with :)

Hello again, it's been a while since I last played so I may be reporting bugs that were already mentioned in previous threads. I'll be looking over the threads I missed but in the mean time, here's what I have to report.

• Sinks in the Motel building are floating off the counter top:
Spoiler

20160417181341_1.jpg

• Watermelon Fresh but is already very close to rotting (I may have not played long enough to know whether or not this is intended or not so might as well report it):
Spoiler

20160417182520_1.jpg

• And with the two images above, you can also see that any item in the secondary slot is off center.
Edited by Zillvr

On 2016/4/12 at 8:38 AM, EasyPickins said:

IWBUMS 34.15

• Added SleepAllowed server option for multiplayer sleeping.  Players may sleep at any time.  When all players are asleep, the server clock speeds up.  Players

Players can still sleep hear the sound of other players?

Can also switch PVP

Is this a mistake?

Edited by Sky_Orc_Mm

Great to see more awesome updates and fixes, and a BIG thumbs up for making the nutrition system an option (I personally like it, though I totally support those who'd rather not use it) and ability to tweak character settings such as stamina regeneration.

I also really like the new zoom "checkbox" options; as nice as the new graphics look, I find the game suddenly looked uglier when zoomed right in, due to the 3D player models that have been part of the game for a while now but previously hadn't been viewable so close up before. However, the seem "backwards" to me, where enabling/disabling "200% zoom" seems to enable/disable zooming OUT 200%, where (I would expect) "200% to mean "zoom in 200%". Am I the only one confused by that and expecting the opposite?

Also, am I right noticing that there's still no "never" option for water and electricity shutoff in sandbox? :(

Edited by Banjo

Sleep in multiplayer? Finally! Thank you so much!

I found SleepAllowed but not SleepNeeded option. Is it still upcoming feature or has someone found it in one of the .ini files? I searched the usual .ini and .lua files but wasn't able to find SleepNeeded.

28 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It's probably just in the servertest.ini file found in %UserProfile%\Zomboid\Server

You can also see a list in-game with /showoptions

For example, you could, as admin, do

/changeoptions SleepNeeded true

/reloadoptions

Hey, thanks for the response!

I double checked servertest.ini and also tried the changeoptions-command again. I am able to see SleepAllowed in both places (.ini-file or server console) but I cannot find SleepNeeded. When typing changeoptions SleepNeeded true I get response Option SleepNeeded doesn't exist. If I do the same with SleepAllowed it replies that the option is now the changed value.

I did intial changes to servertest.ini using "PZServerSettings.bat" that is located in the game folder. After that I also read the .ini file using Notepad++ and might have done some modifications.  Just saying in case that could cause anything...

I tried adding SleepNeeded in the servertest.ini manually but it gets removed. Thus, I started wondering if it's implemented in the latest IWBUMS.

EDIT: When starting the server, the console is saying that versionNumber=34.15

Edited by Templarion

2 big bugs we spotted when playing 10 days so far (2x longer days)

-dead zombies are re spawning loot , despite loot re spawn is set to off , we loot 95% of zombies we kill yet when we go to pile of zombies we kiled and looted we still find fresh loot , like bullets , axes sometimes , magazines , at first we were sure "yeah we maybe not looted some" but after 8 hours of playing i can reliably tell we "looted these , twice or 3 times" and still when we come we find fresh loot

-Food install roots when you de-freeze it , even ones if fridge not got stale yet , yet one frozen seams to instantly rot when we taken it out , its ridicules

On 28.4.2016 at 0:53 AM, Templarion said:

How are things going? Any blockers or progress on the sleeping topic? Notes in 34.18 don't seem to address this issue.

In 34.19 SleepNeeded can be enabled and in fact the tiredness indicator appears but I wasn't able to pass out my character after 2 days and 16 hours. The character was exhausted, "in danger of passing out", before the end of 2nd day but never actually passed out.

After waiting 64 hours, the character also ate a box of sleeping pills but didn't pass out even at that point.

Maybe something was wrong with my testing conditions or perhaps this doesn't work properly. What do you think?

Edited by Templarion

Its been awhile since i played this and when i fired it up today i was like dam, i thought i was good at this game. :)

Good work! This whole killing you before the long, self sustained end game is indeed hard for me now, found that out quick when i fired a shotgun......