IWBUMS 34.15

EasyPickins

IWBUMS 34.15

• Fixed the Mortality Sandbox option not showing the "Never" choice.
  • Fixed /showoptions command displaying junk.
  • Fixed water/electricity shutoff bugs.
  • Fixed an exception with fireplaces when using the 1x tilesets.
  • Fixed lighting bug rendering wall vines.
  • Fixed sometimes teleporting to staircases on the level above when stairs are stacked on top of each other.
  • Fixed remote-player's health not always being synced properly when doing a medical check.
  • Fixed clearing the joypad focus for a coop player when the mouse-user closed the Sleep dialogbox.
  • The "levelup" sound only plays when a point may be spent. It plays in these 2 cases:
  •     1) The player gained a point while already having enough XP for a new perk level.
  •     2) The player gained enough XP for a new perk level, and already had a point to spend.
  • Reduced the rate of damage from poison.
  • Fixed "other" tables in SuburbsDistributions.lua not being used.
  • Changed the generalstore in West Point so the clothing area is separate and spawns appropriate loot.
  • "Dig" context-menu option is only shown when clicking on a diggable tile.
  • Allow WildEggs as cake ingredient.
  • Fireplaces can be lit with the same items as campfires.
  • Fixed equipped clothing items being useable as fireplace fuel.
  • Wood stoves now work like fireplaces.  They emit light, warm/dry the player, can be used for cooking, and don't require electricity.
  • Added IsoHeatSource system to handle warming/drying near barbecues, campfires, fireplaces and woodstoves.  (Campfires already warmed/dried the player).
  • Fixed triggerEvent() not handling Lua exceptions resulting in a memory leak (reported by Jab).
  • Fixed client exception toggling PVP in multiplayer.
  • Prevent exceptions in multiplayer when a client wields an unknown type of item.
  • Fixed being allowed to dump dirt onto non-existing floors at z > 0.
  • Replaced furniture-moving context menu with a panel that shows when the mouse is over it.  One less click required.
  • Added SleepAllowed server option for multiplayer sleeping.  Players may sleep at any time.  When all players are asleep, the server clock speeds up.  Players sleep until they wake themselves by aiming or moving.  Players may wake other players.  Zombie attacks also wake players.
  • Pressing the A or B button on a controller exits to the menu after player death.
  • Changed "Bag of Oats" back to "Can of Oats"
  • Added "Zoom Levels" checkboxes to the options so users can choose zoom levels.
  • Fixed player traits not getting sent to the server.  This caused Graceful and Inconspicous traits to be ignored when testing if zombies noticed the player.
  • Fixed always spawning in the same house in multiplayer.

46 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

IWBUMS 33.15

• Added SleepAllowed server option for multiplayer sleeping.  Players may sleep at any time.  When all players are asleep, the server clock speeds up.  Players sleep until they wake themselves by aiming or moving.  Players may wake other players.  Zombie attacks also wake players.

YES! My brother and I were literally just talking about this an hour ago. Can't wait to try it tomorrow when I'm more awake. 

Awesome update as usual :D

But quick question, just to be clear. Does the "SleepAllowed" server option mean there are sleep related traits and moodles enabled too? I see it says "Players may sleep at any time" so is this currently just for roleplay and co-op purposes? Or will the players be able to get sleepy and need to sleep like in single player?

Either way, I'm excited to see sleep making it's way into multiplayer finally :D

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply EP :)

Edited by Kuren
For Thanks Giving!

1 minute ago, Kuren said:

Awesome update as usual :D

But quick question, just to be clear. Does the "SleepAllowed" server option mean there are sleep related traits and moodles enabled too? I see it says "Players may sleep at any time" so is this currently just for roleplay and co-op purposes? Or will the players be able to get sleepy and need to sleep like in single player?

Either way, I'm excited to see sleep making it's way into multiplayer finally :D

Currently players don't get tired.  It depends what people want.

But. Why.

How's a cardboard tube an alternative to a paper bag?

5 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Currently players don't get tired.  It depends what people want.

Does sleep provide any benefits currently? Can't see any reason not to enable this in its current form on MP servers, if it's mainly just for the time acceleration.

I reported the bag of oats name change as a "bug" because it was originally named "can of oats" and the inventory icon is a can of oats just like the quaker ones. The inventory icon is literally this with its colors changed. Don't see what the issue is. If it was depicted as a bag then yeah that makes sense but it's literally a can of oats.

12 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The issue is never having seen or heard of a can of oats before, mainly. Was hoping that was clear.

I see. We have large bags of oats and the little instant packages here as well but the large cardboard cans are by far the most prevalent, not just the quaker brand but the various generic store brand are almost always packaged that way as well.

14 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Awesome, I also think adding tiredness should definitely be an optional now that a decent sleep system is in play. Could give use for the traits to come in for MP.

Yep. Optional tiredness and health/stamina regen, along with optional sleep would make server customization very simple.

5 hours ago, Teesee said:

Hey there, great job as always!

It might not be worth a bug report, but I had an exception show up when I pressed "enter" during the "The Indie Stone" logo display after game launch (windows, 64 bits)

Thanks, I fixed that and now allow Enter, Space, or Escape keys to skip the logo screen.

13 minutes ago, Jason132 said:

Does sleeping in MP also speed up healing like in SP? I've had a fractured foot for around a month and I used a food and sleep combination in MP to help heal but 15 more days have passed and it's still not healed

I just tested with a fractured foot and it does heal faster while sleeping (as long as it has a splint on).