Looking for info on NPC status..

Qweets

I've been searching around looking for what ever happened with the adding of the smart npc's that would do all sorts of things and create awesome stories for us all to tell but what ever happened with it? They were supposed to be out so long ago before they even released the 3d stuff and the multiplayer. I'll admit I've been away from the game for a long time now basically just waiting for NPC's but I still have not heard a thing about them. Could anyone enlighten me? Has there been any teasers? Did I just not look well enough? 

Thanks everyone, I love this community it's always been great.

3 hours ago, Qweets said:

Thank you so much!! Much love.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChrisSimpson/20140717/221339/Behavior_trees_for_AI_How_they_work.php

This is a good read if you wanna understand what NPC's are in the undertaking department. They've been stalled on animations and they are coming out soon.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

New Animations 

NPC's

Vehicles 

Those seem to be the next big things being added to this game. Man, once this game is finished, its going to be epic. I just hope it gets better optimized going forward with all these changes because the more and more stuff that gets added, the more and more the bog down potential is there. 

Edited by Kelefane

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-11 at 6:16 PM, Kelefane said:

New Animations 

NPC's

Vehicles 

Those seem to be the next big things being added to this game. Man, once this game is finished, its going to be epic. I just hope it gets better optimized going forward with all these changes because the more and more stuff that gets added, the more and more the bog down potential is there. 

Optimising is always on the devs' minds, but they're not going to shy away from adding to the game, either.  That might mean the minimum requirements for the game will go up at some point.

As far as the current game is concerned, it's much more optimized than it was even 2 years ago.

4 hours ago, Snorrsenkel said:

TIS is slow but in the end delivers quality.
I am really happy to see this game did not turn into some simplified crap for hyperactive 12 year olds.

Patience is a virtue.

Patience is indeed a virtue. I bought this game 2013 and been waiting since then. Nowadays I check every 6 months in case its finally here but even the game is great it's just empty and boring alone in the world.

I just pretend I live in an alternative reality where the DEVs never mentioned the NPC's and enjoy the game for what it is now. Well, I would anyway, but my potato has a hard time with the game lately, and PZ deserves more than 12 FPS or so.

5 minutes ago, Marinus said:

I just pretend I live in an alternative reality where the DEVs never mentioned the NPC's and enjoy the game for what it is now. Well, I would anyway, but my potato has a hard time with the game lately, and PZ deserves more than 12 FPS or so.

Why? 12 fps is the best thing.

Did you try the game since build 34.10 (or something like that)?

They optimized some stuff and now it's pretty smooth even though every sprite in the game is now 2x its old size(don't quote me on that but i think you can even disable this function for even more FPS).

36 minutes ago, Marinus said:

you tried texture compression in the options?

To be honest, I didn't try a whole lot lately. But last time I tried it wasn't all that. I might fire it up and fiddle around with it later this week, but I wouldn't worry to much about it. My computer is, like, 8 or 9 years old or so, so it's to be expected that the performance isn't all that.  

It's 2,4 gHz Intel Quadcore with an NVIDEA Geforce GT 440 and 4 Gb RAM in case you wonder. IIRC well under the recommended requirements.

Edited by Marinus

• nasKo locked this topic