Flooding, Puddles, and Other Rain Mechanics

uberevan

5 minutes ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

Yeah, Imagine once cars are added seeing cars flip over and get caught in the current like you see on the news.

It'd be especially interesting if cars really are solid objects and could pile up and block the road if a storm was really bad...

On 2016/4/11 at 7:14 AM, uberevan said:

Flood Tiles by Riverbank (And future added Creeks/Streams)

When it is raining/has just rained, the banks of the water sources really should be raised.  My suggestion is that the Devs add a "transition tile" of sorts, basically a tile that will switch states from land to water based on the amount of time it has rained, the time since it stopped raining, and what month it is.

I think the number and location of the flooding tile for different periods of time should not be be the same. The number of tiles which are flooding should related to the frequency of rain during a specific time period. And the speed of changing a flooding tile to dry land should related to the temperature at the moment.

On 9/19/2016 at 5:00 AM, blackteapie said:

I think the number and location of the flooding tile for different periods of time should not be be the same. The number of tiles which are flooding should related to the frequency of rain during a specific time period. And the speed of changing a flooding tile to dry land should related to the temperature at the moment.

That's very true, seasons and such would affect the rate of flooding, as well as how often it rains

But at some point it may become too complicated to program and would instead become Project Rain Simulator lol

On 9/14/2016 at 5:16 PM, TheWraithPlayer said:

Who needs rocks when you can just make your flood wall out of cars!?!

Maybe it would actually be easier to move the cars while it's flooded, as you could just push them while they float, so you could build like a blockade out of cars lol