Fall damage mitigation

Asrayl

One of the more interesting things a gymnast ever taught me is how to properly jump, and properly land. It's a pretty deep topic, a lot of physics, and the like. But the bare bones of it is that with good training, and a moment's preparation before a jump, one can fall quite a fair distance with minimal risk of injury in the process if they know -how-. [Or get lucky.]

A lot of it has to do with how you land, stiff joints, poor balance, or the inability to properly roll out the impact can really ruin your day, even from a short fall. If you tense, panic, or just plain have no say over what part of you is touching the ground first, you're going to be worse for the wear. 

But a gymnast, a free runner, a track team jumper, a dancer, anyone who's made it through military training (Especially those prone to jumping out of planes!] all of these people probably have a good idea of what they're doing, what they need to do to get out of it with working legs.

So my proposal is one of these, or something akin to it:

1: A skill specifically for landing that reduces fall damage by one story. A single story fall is fine. Two story fall becomes one, in terms of damage. Three would be as [almost] invariably fatal as a normal two story fall. 

2: Nimble adds a new bonus, reducing fall damage overall by X% by level, effectively cutting it by 50% at max. 

• 7 years later...

It is unknown to me if the developers intend to change anything in the matter of fall damage, so I ask all of you to raise this topic to them!  (if you know they expressed no attention to it.)
As of now, fall damage makes minimal sense, as you can receive no damage whatsoever if you have nothing in your inventory, which basically guarantees you invincibility on the 2nd story.  But then, suddenly, on the third one you die instantly???  (you can die from a fall from ground zero, and survive a fall from MUCH height IRL(6000m free fall or the 10,160 meters (~33,300 ft) case of Vesna Vulović) which is why I am touching this topic.)

Since I am unsure if developers actually forgor about fall damage, I won't present any solutions cause maybe they have already been presented and perhaps even implemented experimentally in B42.