xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx

haha i changed a letter to a z im so creative give me an award for that

ive done that for creative freedom so thats cool its not a google maps replica 

that has been too hard for me way too hard

way too hard

so im being creative and just using yukon as a template to create my own stuff

i built tons of buildings too well only suburb houses and cabins atm 

but eh

ive based em on yukon and georgia usa housing.

since its a very cold state i have also created frostbitten zombies and cold human textures that im very proud of

all in all this map is like 2 weeks of planning and work 

since as i said this map isnt a real full replica of real life yukon i have to change all the names of towns and whatever ill just name them the opposite of what they are called for example

ill call the town dawson "thedad" cause its not a 100% replica

ill call whitehorse "graydonkey" cause its not a 100% replica either

i will also build destruction bay (construction harbor in the zukon)

yukon river = zukon river; zombies are present now and its not replicated 100%

get it now? good

heres a map wip i just started working on it a few hours ago

if you steal it i will do unimaginable things to you i spent all my freetime on this ALL OF IT SO DONT YOU FUCKING DARE STEAL IT OR ELSE THESE MOUNTAINS TOOK ME 2 GOD DAMN HOURS TO ACTUALLY MAKE EM LOOK DECENT OK?! 

now tomorrow ill post the buildings ive worked on which also took me lots of time to make 

i love every single one of you until you piss me off so please dont do that as long as you dont insult or shame or steal were cool

the picture is the map preview its 25% zoomed out and is like 2 hours of work and totally not done maybe just 4% done

the zukon emphasized on lots of wilderness vs some patches of civilization to make it more of a living off the land map with civil elements for those who prefer rich suburban homes as their base of operation vs cabins in the woods

the mountains are supposed to be shown using dry grass stone and mud and they will be increasingly void of trees and foliage the higher they go.

i will make parts of the river bigger to add tiny island in between. 

preview.png

I'm a little confused by what I read here, the image looks like a good start, but I'll admit I had a hard time understanding your writing style. I'm curious how you plan to do impassable mountains. I'll check back when you update. Could be real interesting.

On 8.4.2016 at 4:54 AM, makkenhoff said:

I'm a little confused by what I read here, the image looks like a good start, but I'll admit I had a hard time understanding your writing style. I'm curious how you plan to do impassable mountains. I'll check back when you update. Could be real interesting.

what writing style? i wont make the mountains impassable as it would result in a part of the map being unaccessible but i indeed wanna make sure people notice when theyre on / close to a mountain or not. for example, a cabin or lookout station may have one story with only front supports and a second with front and back supports if you understand what i mean. tree and vegetation density will decrease the higher it gets and the terrain will change accordingly too. i wish i could upload the other stuff i had but im too lazy and i have to move so many files from a folder on my desktop and id have to minimize to the desktop and all that hope you understand the struggle i will upload the files whenever i guess.

Actually nevermind i have just spent my last 15 mins on this showcases examples of the housing in my project 

Housing Example.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 09.04.2016 at 4:46 PM, zoeyflower said:

what writing style? i wont make the mountains impassable as it would result in a part of the map being unaccessible but i indeed wanna make sure people notice when theyre on / close to a mountain or not. for example, a cabin or lookout station may have one story with only front supports and a second with front and back supports if you understand what i mean. tree and vegetation density will decrease the higher it gets and the terrain will change accordingly too. i wish i could upload the other stuff i had but im too lazy and i have to move so many files from a folder on my desktop and id have to minimize to the desktop and all that hope you understand the struggle i will upload the files whenever i guess.

Actually nevermind i have just spent my last 15 mins on this showcases examples of the housing in my project 

Housing Example.png

Wow! Just WOW, dude. Houses looks AWESOME! I love this!

• 3 weeks later...

i have been working on this every now and then but as of now the game is boring me to death as everything looks uniform and the zombies and humans have no personality as they all use the same skin and same clothing like tucked in sweaters and trousers wow.. gg.. totally what everyone wears during the apocalypse -_-

im waiting and hoping for the animation and clothes update to give me a reason to continue on this again cause once proper gore effects and different types of shirts and jackets and an actual fun and overhauled combat system are in ill figure that being able to only fight zombies will atleast have a fun and entertaining part to it opposed to right now and then i will be continuing with this map

out of boredom, i have been creating a few more houses and am working on some stuff like a mall and department stores and all that kinda crap but developments been progressively slower ye.

i can't thank you all enough though for the support and likes 

aweee thank you so much c:

brings a smile to my face i hope to see yall on the later updates again when ill be showing my new zombie and human skins and some terrain hopefully

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Well, im pretty good at making office buildings, i could help in my free time? maybe sumbit some buildings to my building thread you could use?

I haven't mastered suburb houses yet.

Looks GR8 keep up the okie dokie work :D

I have actually started some work on commercial buildings  

Im trying to get the (north) american small town feel with those cute 2 story brick buildings lining up on the main streets if you want to help with that you can add me on skype and send me some pictures of your work and we can talk i think its coalminingeucalypticfeelbear39

19 hours ago, VikiDikiRUS said:

Nice, nice! I hope i can on this map soon. So, I have gift for you, comrade!

Beautiful Russian vodka!

0_69d3f_1a26aa25_XL.jpg 

Выпьем за здоровье! 

aww thank you <3  

but im not allowed to drink alcohol

and i cant speak russian whats that on the bottom sorry

other than that thanks a lot comrade im hoping to get this out in time when the animation and clothing system is released, along with clothing customized to my map (like soldiers wearing winter camo for example) this project is big and i hope its gonna pay off well :)

• 1 month later...

I have been working on some more location specific buildings.

I'm special proud of the towers c:

I have also replicated the L4D Blood Harvest finale farmhouse, however, due to some misaligning and conflicting with rather necessary roof and fencing tiles I'm very unhappy with it, therefor I'm going to look into and work on it some more later.

towers.png

• 1 month later...

Really hate to bump my own threads over other peoples cool map projects but I can sadly not edit my own post above ^ as i cannot into my account due to some kinda ex2 error code thingy thats been goin on for 2ish days.

Also, I haven't been able to get my bmp terrain to load into world ed, and some of my older buildings have been glitched with some weird window glitch that makes these shutter things appear a third time next to a window.

I've been trying to get these 3 things fixed and working for the past like 2 or so hours and my head hurts and my eyes are starting to hurt and I guess im just giving this up altogether, so lock it or something idk.

Edited by zoeymiller

8 hours ago, Stephen122334 said:

That is unfortunate, I was really looking forward to trying this map. I really love the style of the buildings you have created.

However if you are not enjoying creating it anymore it is probably for the  best.

Maybe you will return to it after a bit of a break,  that is what I (and i'd say many others) are hoping for.

It's not that I don't enjoy it (I really really LOVE designing these cute lil buildings.)

I would love to continue with it but I can no longer log into my original account and the only latest (english) map guide seems to be outdated as it tells me to drag the bitmap anywhere into worlded when absolutely nothing works at all.

I can't continue map development when there's no guides and bitmaps / pngs apparently no longer get accepted.

I will probably continue building suburban houses and stores and stuff as it helps therapeutically against bad moods and such and I may share them with the community if the guide for that isn't outdated too.

I'm thankful for your kind words though thanks a lot :) 

• 3 months later...

Your buildings are really good OvO

for the worlded part, you need two bmp:

one should be called "whateveryoucallit.bmp", you put things like dirt, roads, water(river,pond), grass floor tiles here

another one should be called "whateveryoucallit_veg.bmp", it is for vegetation. the background should be black, and layers from your screenshot above "normal trees" "grass on dark grass" should be placed at this bmp.

Each grid in worlded is 300x300pixel, hope you know what I mean

These two bmp need to be at the same directory. Than drag "whateveryoucallit.bmp" to those grids, you should see your map is placed there immediately.

Then go to File -> BMP to TMX -> All cells / Selected Cells only -> choose a export directory -> check the two on the bottom left -> click OK

click on a grid, and you shoud be seeing part of your terrain and be able to place buildings on it.

Thank you very much I try my best not to make the roofs oversized or flat on houses this means most of the houses will be rather small-mediumish (even the rich gated community ones) but they make up for that by being nicer to look at and live in and they got working attics :D

Thanks for the info I'll try importing my map with the veggie one later on I can't wait to see it all working ingame

On 7/11/2016 at 11:20 AM, zoeyflower said:

I have been working on some more location specific buildings.

I'm special proud of the towers c:

I have also replicated the L4D Blood Harvest finale farmhouse, however, due to some misaligning and conflicting with rather necessary roof and fencing tiles I'm very unhappy with it, therefor I'm going to look into and work on it some more later.

towers.png

That military outpost tower is the tits, If only I was still into mapping I would 100% steal it...With permission of course...

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me so much of The Long Dark, which could give you some inspiration if you haven't checked it out. Plus, I'm Canadian, so it's nice see someone represent lol.. makes me wish there was a Canadian flag pole

Your roofing is awesome; I find it very difficult so.. respect. Especially, it's small but, the roofing on that main street buffet building... can't believe I didn't think of that, I've been trying to think of creative ways to put those circus tent things above windows but they only come in 2 colours, so either way it will start looking a bit dull after a while.

1 hour ago, critical jim said:

This reminds me so much of The Long Dark, which could give you some inspiration if you haven't checked it out. Plus, I'm Canadian, so it's nice see someone represent lol.. makes me wish there was a Canadian flag pole

Your roofing is awesome; I find it very difficult so.. respect. Especially, it's small but, the roofing on that main street buffet building... can't believe I didn't think of that, I've been trying to think of creative ways to put those circus tent things above windows but they only come in 2 colours, so either way it will start looking a bit dull after a while.

Welp now i'm making the forestry lookout tower from TLD, I have never played the game but it looks so amazing. The art style is just perfect.

3 hours ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Welp now i'm making the forestry lookout tower from TLD, I have never played the game but it looks so amazing. The art style is just perfect.

The graphics are simple but gorgeous, it's like walking around in an oil painting. The survival aspect is unique. Fire is precious. Still in early release, but I've gotten over a hundred hours out of it so far, and they are always coming up with new sadistic ways to challenge you. I'm interested to see how zoey portrays the changing elevation; definitely interested in the forestry lookout. A lone outpost in a sea of wilderness - definite safehouse for the survivalists out there

EDIT: quonset huts need to be a thing in zomboid... i think corrugated steel walls with rounded roof tiles might do it. That's where I hang my hat in TLD, and they are quite popular on military bases

Edited by critical jim

12 minutes ago, critical jim said:

The graphics are simple but gorgeous, it's like walking around in an oil painting. The survival aspect is unique. Fire is precious. Still in early release, but I've gotten over a hundred hours out of it so far, and they are always coming up with new sadistic ways to challenge you. I'm interested to see how zoey portrays the changing elevation; definitely interested in the forestry lookout. A lone outpost in a sea of wilderness - definite safehouse for the survivalists out there

EDIT: quonset huts need to be a thing in zomboid... i think corrugated steel walls with rounded roof tiles might do it. That's where I hang my hat in TLD, and they are quite popular on military bases

As far as elevation goes there's not way to do it currently, Any chance at proper terrain was abandoned for better optimization or something of that ilk. And yes Quonset huts would be amazing, Something different from the normal square buildings we are all to familiar with, Come to think of it some rounded buildings would be a really nice change. (tophat)

1 minute ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

As far as elevation goes there's not way to do it currently

On 09/04/2016 at 10:46 AM, zoeyflower said:

i indeed wanna make sure people notice when theyre on / close to a mountain or not. for example, a cabin or lookout station may have one story with only front supports and a second with front and back supports if you understand what i mean. tree and vegetation density will decrease the higher it gets and the terrain will change accordingly too

Just this; I found it intriguing.. like an optical illusion. Don't ask me how I would do it lol

Just now, critical jim said:

Just this; I found it intriguing.. like an optical illusion. Don't ask me how I would do it lol

That would be interesting, There would have to be an invisible wall of some sort. It could be possible to make a custom tileset, Similar to how they made the terrain in Stardew valley.

https://www.readyuplive.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Hill-top-stardew.png

Technically there is no real elevation but with a good tileset you can make it look like there is.