Treat water machines like gas grills

Demonic_Kat

So atm if you pick up one of the water machines (the ones that have the two knobs and the huge water drum on top) and move it, it won't dispense water if the water is off. I suggest that water machines work like water storage.

If you find one, you can remove the water tank (just like you can remove the propane tank from the grill) and then move the machine. If the tank originally had been holding water the water will spill out leaving you with an empty, but movable container. Full containers can be added after moving to provide a convenient water supply in your base that is refillable.

Would be nice to add the water refills to the game as a rare spawn, and/or to be able to salvage the water in the used refills long after the water mains is down. Maybe after a while the water should go "Tainted" though; they would still be a valid source of water in areas without rivers or lakes.

It would really be nice if their weight went down as they were emptied, but I'm not sure if containers can work that way in the game code. Those things are really heavy when full!

52 minutes ago, blindcoder said:

The water dispensers I've encountered so far all require power. Haven't seen one that doesn't, yet.

I believe it's only for water heating/cooling. IMO they should work just fine without power. 

20 hours ago, blindcoder said:

The water dispensers I've encountered so far all require power. Haven't seen one that doesn't, yet.

The ones that I have in mind (that are designed like the ones in the game) are gravity based. All it takes is for there to be water in the top tank. The levers on the tank open a spout and let the water pour out. Some have a plug in for heat/cooling as the other posters have mentioned.