Noise for Full Skill Boxes

CaptKaspar

I love this idea :D

I've always found it frustrating when I keep getting skill point notifications but can't spend them yet so I have to keep going back and checking with the c key to see if I can level stuff up yet (since there is the lack of notification, like you mentioned) . This would solve that for me entirely :)

+1!

That woman chant noise is a little annoying, almost 'immersion breaking'.  Every play through i end up with 15 to 20 unspent skillpoints by the 3rd or 4th month, thats alot of chanting that i could do without.

The simple 'duh dum!' part would do, and i agree im more interested in a noise to tell me the box is full and its time to stop sawing and read the next book.

Honestly I think the whole system is rather awkward, and in need of change. You should just level up automatically when you get enough experience. I always have excess points to spend with all my boxes filled so it's not like you need to be selective of which skill to upgrade.

It doesn't even make sense realistically... Anyway I'm pretty sure it's going to change at some point as it's mainly just a rough rushed model, it's nothing urgent though.

Yeah, well I think you don't even need a sound for that - a little notification somewhere should be enough,

like a star on the skill-icon ( that does not exist )

I somehow agree that the chant is kind of immersion breaking,  for instance when youre making log walls at night. Also the sound plays when you're running around, which feels weird, because you haven't achieved anything

Edited by Heporlathic

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

This has been changed so the sound only plays when a point can be spent.  Either a point was gained while already having enough XP for a new level, or the player already had a free skill point, and gained enough XP for a new level.

Woot! This will be a nice update :) Thank you for listening!