IWBUMS: Build 34.14

EasyPickins

On 1/4/2016 at 8:50 PM, EasyPickins said:

The wood stoves have been changed to work like fireplaces.  And fireplaces were fixed so they can be started with the same items that can start campfires.

Wait what, since when does the game has Fireplaces? What do they do? A new form of heater? 

Also we can use that stoves in the farms to cook with wood then? If so, thats great 

• Barricades are allowed on both sides of a door/window.  For doors, barricades absorb all damage before the door takes any, to stop the door being destroyed before the barricades.  For windows, a barricade absorbs damage only when it is between the attacker and the window.  When removing a barricade, one plank at a time is removed.

It was easier to add padlock the doors built =/

On 4/6/2016 at 3:07 PM, francogp said:

the title state "IWBUMS: Build 34.14"

I was talking about the fireplaces and something buggy happened with them and it got patched by easy pickins almost immediatly, what i was asking is if this patch was already implemented in the game or just the beta test?

39 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Electricity: not needed     Cook things: yes      Warm/Dry the player: yes

Awesome, really happy to have an option to the  campfire/gas barbecue for warmth.

Does this mean that the cold in winter is going to become more hazardous to the player soon ? (Please say yes, I like my character suffering)

My only issue, is the new scrolling in and out of your character feature (Zooming in and out I guess) -  When I scroll/zoom all the way out (looking at your character/screen from a further distance) I've noticed its a tad laggy when scrolled/zoomed all the way out. Anyone else notice this with build 34.14? That is what I was testing and messing around with. I assume its not completely optimized yet? or?

It seems like the max zoom distance was increased a bit too much or something.

Now if I zoom in all the way close or at normal zoom levels, there are zero issues. Its only when I zoom all the out that the fps drop starts.  I'm guessing this is a common issue?

I suggest making the zoom levels customizeble. 

Or..............

Go back to the old max zoom out level and keep the new max zoom in level. 

Edited by Kelefane

1 hour ago, Daryl DixonQC said:

he as a bug i think when i right click on something to eat or a weapon i want to equipe thats not work nothing appear ( the little action menu ) but seriously i realy like the work you do !! keep the good work ;)

Are you running any mods?

20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Are you running any mods?

i have disabled all mods, that has not work now i will try to uninstal the game and reinstal and i will check its probably because i do something wrong

i just try unintalling the game and reinstal and not work but do i need to unsubscribe of the mod im subscribe on steam ?

Edited by Daryl DixonQC

1 hour ago, Daryl DixonQC said:

i have disabled all mods, that has not work now i will try to uninstal the game and reinstal and i will check its probably because i do something wrong

i just try unintalling the game and reinstal and not work but do i need to unsubscribe of the mod im subscribe on steam ?

Depending on  how you installed those mods, there are different ways to remove them.. Steam, for example, will not remove things like Jab's model loader when uninstalled through Steam. The game files themselves need to be manually deleted by the user, then the game reinstalled through Steam. If you tried to manually install other mods in different places, this can break things as well.

To make sure mods installed through Steam workshop aren't loaded, go to %UserProfile%\Zomboid\Mods and delete loaded.txt

2 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

One thing that i dont get yet, there is a slight chance of the animation update merging with this IWBUMS?

Whatever gets done, gets done, and called build 34, 35, 36 .etc So maybe, maybe not. Maybe all the work on Build 34 is good enough for a release (though if they go that route, the food build should be disabled in Survival until kinks can be worked out  and more high calorie sources are added . . . )