IWBUMS: Build 34.14

EasyPickins

i noticed two new vars in sandbox settings for water/elec shutdown

// new

WaterShut=2   (0-30 days)
ElecShut=2   (0-30 days)

which effect will  now have the old one or is it deprecated?

//old
WaterShutModifier=14
ElecShutModifier=14

On 02/04/2016 at 5:50 AM, EasyPickins said:

Barricades are allowed on both sides of a door/window.  For doors, barricades absorb all damage before the door takes any, to stop the door being destroyed before the barricades.  For windows, a barricade absorbs damage only when it is between the attacker and the window.  When removing a barricade, one plank at a time is removed.

!

Does this mean hostile players on the outside of your house can't unbarricade your windows you barricaded on the inside anymore? I mean, not able to use "right click > unbarricade" rather than breaking it down.

2 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Guys, what do you use to turn on the fireplace? Im using matches or a lighter but It still doesn't work.

Do you have kindling of some sort? You can't light a fire in a fireplace without something like newspaper or twigs if I remember right.  You'll need some intermediate source.

16 hours ago, nightmare said:

i noticed two new vars in sandbox settings for water/elec shutdown

// new

WaterShut=2   (0-30 days)
ElecShut=2   (0-30 days)

which effect will  now have the old one or is it deprecated?

//old
WaterShutModifier=14
ElecShutModifier=14

WaterShut/ElecShut are the UI options (where you choose the range of days).  WaterShutModifier/ElecShutModifier hold the actual number of days, randomly chosen based on WaterShut/ElecShut.   WatherShutModifier/ElecShutModifier are also set directly in the server settings.

7 hours ago, deprav said:

!

Does this mean hostile players on the outside of your house can't unbarricade your windows you barricaded on the inside anymore? I mean, not able to use "right click > unbarricade" rather than breaking it down.

Yes, players must break barricades if they're on the other side of the door/window, 'Unbarricade' won't work.

20 minutes ago, TheGreatZobom said:

On multiplayer server the other players have wounds with dirty bandages but when i do a medical check they appear to me as bandaged (green text) it started in 34.14.

If you may, it would help a lot if you submit the bug in the proper section, you'll help the devs not losing sight of it

http://theindiestone.com/forums/?app=tcbugtracker&module=tracker&controller=projects&id=1

2 hours ago, TheGreatZobom said:

On multiplayer server the other players have wounds with dirty bandages but when i do a medical check they appear to me as bandaged (green text) it started in 34.14.

Thanks, this has been fixed now (not released though).

Hell no XD

I mean, if we're talking survival, sure you do, but hell no otherwise.

Mayonnaise for baking is the worst idea since ketchup for the bolognese sauce.

That was my italian inner self screaming there, sorry for that.

In a survival perspective it does make sense, and it adds new purposes for items so i'm all for it, But i still hope you'll never cook for either me or my family :P

Edited by Livio Persemprio

Well I can eat worms and roaches in PZ. I wouldn't want to eat those IRL, I'd much rather have my great grandmothers cake that had literally hundreds of people licking their plates over the years. I'm sure you'd all be horrified to know that I use canned french onion soup in my beef stew recipe; onions, beef consume, parsely, paprika, salt & pepper.. Disgusting right?

This is not some far fetched thing I'm pulling from my rear end this is an common thing. 1 2 3 4

google search
recipe videos
cupcakes
cookies (pretty sure rozanne gold would be able to tell if they were disgusting)

I can eat dog food in a pinch, drawing the line at a commonly accepted, non disgusting subsitute for eggs would be a REALLY odd choice.

Edited by zomboid123

6 hours ago, zomboid123 said:

Well I can eat worms and roaches in PZ. I wouldn't want to eat those IRL, I'd much rather have my great grandmothers cake that had literally hundreds of people licking their plates over the years. I'm sure you'd all be horrified to know that I use canned french onion soup in my beef stew recipe; onions, beef consume, parsely, paprika, salt & pepper.. Disgusting right?

This is not some far fetched thing I'm pulling from my rear end this is an common thing. 1 2 3 4

google search
recipe videos
cupcakes
cookies (pretty sure rozanne gold would be able to tell if they were disgusting)

I can eat dog food in a pinch, drawing the line at a commonly accepted, non disgusting subsitute for eggs would be a REALLY odd choice.

I was just kidding, you are clearly speaking about the original mayo, wich is just eggs and oil, but keep in mind that it's not fit for any kind of baking that requires you to mix the eggs or stuff like that (tiramisù for example is impossible to make without eggs).

Sadly, as enigma said, commercial mayo is not just egg + oil, hence why it sounds a bit weird ;)

13 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

WaterShut/ElecShut are the UI options (where you choose the range of days).  WaterShutModifier/ElecShutModifier hold the actual number of days, randomly chosen based on WaterShut/ElecShut.   WatherShutModifier/ElecShutModifier are also set directly in the server settings.

it means ?

DayOfShut = rand( rand(14) ,  30 )

for

WaterShutModifier = 14

WaterShut = 2