Wooden staff

sniperman1109

I think we should eventually be able to craft wooden staffs not only being used as a weapon but it could also be used as a crutch something to lean on like a walking stick. Let's say you're out on a run and you twist you're ankle you can be limping away on you're staff and If a zombie gets near you, you can stop in place and prepare to take it out. The staff could also be used to fight off Npcs with  melee weapons as well. You could be coming back from looting some houses  and get jumped by two Npcs and one has a wrench, and another has a knife you can potentially either knock them  unconscious and take there stuff or kill them in the process. So in my opinion it would be a pretty good weapon slash crutch to have and if the  abilities  I just described are added one day I wouldn't knock those Npcs who jumped my out I'd kill them so they do come back looking for me when they wake up/if the wake up;-). So what's everyone else's opinion?

Edited by Dragoncody98

Why are you selling me a crutch disguised as a staff? Why not just add a crutch?

Unless you're suggesting adding magic. Which is pointless because everyone already knows magic will be added eventually, top of devs priority list (right after dragons).

It's so obvious they didn't even add it to the their list of yeses (god, that is an ugly word).

TWD-love aside, the ability to make walking sticks and spears from logs or branches could be a good value-add to some of the occupations and traits.

Given how much the game seems to enjoy snapping right-side femurs, adding a walking stick or crutch to speed movement up while healing could be a nice touch lol

Edited by hyperchondriac
typo

2 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

Please add elderly trait which gives "+1 WalkingCane" so that I can yell at those pesky zombies to get of me damn lawn while shaking my cane!

IWBUMS 34.66:

Added new Elderly Trait which lowers endurance, strength, weight, carry weight, and a few other behind the scenes actions, however gives you a starting cane and replaces the default Q shouts with things corresponding to your location

The front of your starting house, when outside, if you press Q you will see "Get off my damn lawn!" "These zombies these days, they have not a shred of respect for their elders!" (Trait stacks with Hard of Hearing, Short Sighted and Underweight with Prone to Illness)

Just now, Lieutenant Colonel Spider said:

IWBUMS 34.66:

Added new Elderly Trait which lowers endurance, strength, weight, carry weight, and a few other behind the scenes actions, however gives you a starting cane and replaces the default Q shouts with things corresponding to your location

The front of your starting house, when outside, if you press Q you will see "Get off my damn lawn!" "These zombies these days, they have not a shred of respect for their elders!" (Trait stacks with Hard of Hearing, Short Sighted and Underweight with Prone to Illness)

When they add vehicles I hope I get a mobility scooter so I can run down those damn whipper snappers. Eh, don't eat me brains, I'm past my use-by date!

Just now, King Kitteh said:

When they add vehicles I hope I get a mobility scooter so I can run down those damn whipper snappers. Eh, don't eat me brains, I'm past my use-by date!

Maybe they can add a retirement home and have the occupation as Elderly instead and you start there. 

Maybe when you get the mobility scooter you can be a bad arse and customize it to have streaking flames on the sides of it and spikes on the wheels and everything, make a mobility scooter tank. I mean even if you add 200 something pounds (Because your SO ELDERLY body weights like 10) it's still going to go as slow as it normal does, really slow. 

"Build Spiked Walking Cane"

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Colonel Spider said:

Maybe they can add a retirement home and have the occupation as Elderly instead and you start there. 

Maybe when you get the mobility scooter you can be a bad arse and customize it to have streaking flames on the sides of it and spikes on the wheels and everything, make a mobility scooter tank. I mean even if you add 200 something pounds (Because your SO ELDERLY body weights like 10) it's still going to go as slow as it normal does, really slow. 

"Build Spiked Walking Cane"

"I'm a professional elderly person, got my PHD in 'yelling at kids' at front porch university."

"I recommend two doses of cane waving every half hour."

Also,  Elderly people should be able to attach a bunch of balloons to their house in order to sail away from the zombies. I mean, we ARE going for realism!

Warning side effects may include young hyperactive boyscouts, talking dogs and total organ failure.

Just now, King Kitteh said:

"I'm a professional elderly person, got my PHD in 'yelling at kids' at front porch university."

"I recommend two doses of cane waving every half hour."

Also,  Elderly people should be able to attach a bunch of balloons to their house in order to sail away from the zombies. I mean, we ARE going for realism!

Warning side effects may include young hyperactive boyscouts, talking dogs and total organ failure.

Maybe a new backdraw from it is that if you don't find dentures you can only eat soft foods, like watermelon and whatnot.

Why not go all the way for realism, and add in some back injuries for carrying about two pounds of equipment? You can't swing a weapon, you can't run, can't climb into houses and whatnot, and you also need a personal caretaker in order to go outside to garden for food. You can't forget that you also need glasses and an old vocabulary of words and insults that most people don't get! 

Maybe with the addition of TVs and radios we could have a knitting channel and possibly a classical music radio station added, too. For realism!

Just now, Lieutenant Colonel Spider said:

Maybe a new backdraw from it is that if you don't find dentures you can only eat soft foods, like watermelon and whatnot.

Why not go all the way for realism, and add in some back injuries for carrying about two pounds of equipment? You can't swing a weapon, you can't run, can't climb into houses and whatnot, and you also need a personal caretaker in order to go outside to garden for food. You can't forget that you also need glasses and an old vocabulary of words and insults that most people don't get! 

Maybe with the addition of TVs and radios we could have a knitting channel and possibly a classical music radio station added, too. For realism!

I think they'll also starve to death if you don't find a blender and a straw. You'll need to blend everything you want to eat, including whole roast chickens and such.

If you ever get more than slight panic you die of fright. Whenever you see a zombie you'll uncontrollably yell out some derogatory remark, "Damn rotters taking all the jobs, go  back to your grave ya hooligans!"

If no one calls you on your birthday you instantly die of depression. Also devs introduce personal hygiene needs just for elderly people. You need to visit the colonoscopy center twice a month.

Pills must also be taken as suppositories.

3 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

I think they'll also starve to death if you don't find a blender and a straw. You'll need to blend everything you want to eat, including whole roast chickens and such.

If you ever get more than slight panic you die of fright. Whenever you see a zombie you'll uncontrollably yell out some derogatory remark, "Damn rotters taking all the jobs, go  back to your grave ya hooligans!"

If no one calls you on your birthday you instantly die of depression. Also devs introduce personal hygiene needs just for elderly people. You need to visit the colonoscopy center twice a month.

Pills must also be taken as suppositories.

Well I mean they won't know how to use a blender, or how to use a straw. This is where the NPC personal caretakers would come into place, of course! 

Don't forget, if you find a computer, a toy game in a drawer, a phone, or most technologies, you'll also yell out something like "Damn kids and their new technologies! Back in my day we sent letters! Or we shot cans outside with our 22.!"

And when you stumble upon another elder, you just talk about how you miss having coffee at 5 am in the morning waking up at 4 and freely riding your golf cart on the streets.  

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Colonel Spider said:

Well I mean they won't know how to use a blender, or how to use a straw. This is where the NPC personal caretakers would come into place, of course! 

Don't forget, if you find a computer, a toy game in a drawer, a phone, or most technologies, you'll also yell out something like "Damn kids and their new technologies! Back in my day we sent letters! Or we shot cans outside with our 22.!"

And when you stumble upon another elder, you just talk about how you miss having coffee at 5 am in the morning waking up at 4 and freely riding your golf cart on the streets.  

You'll need to find a magazine on how to use a blender. And before that you'll need to find your glasses. Until you find your glasses the entire screen will be blurry, and the elderly person will complain constantly.

If you want you can also select additional traits such as dementia. Where you character will forget what a zombie is every five hours and attempt to give them hugs.

Other possible traits are: Chronic pain, chronic fatigue, arthritis, diabetes, permanent IV drip requirement, weak bladder, and finally vegetable brain dead.

1 minute ago, King Kitteh said:

You'll need to find a magazine on how to use a blender. And before that you'll need to find your glasses. Until you find your glasses the entire screen will be blurry, and the elderly person will complain constantly.

If you want you can also select additional traits such as dementia. Where you character will forget what a zombie is every five hours and attempt to give them hugs.

Other possible traits are: Chronic pain, chronic fatigue, arthritis, diabetes, permanent IV drip requirement, weak bladder, and finally vegetable brain dead.

Maybe with the vegetable brain dead trait, you won't be looked at by zombies at all. It'll just be more like usual elderly life, but less annoyed. They'd probably be happier. 

You're also forgetting that it'd be crucial for the zombies to also throw insults back at them! Saying how they soak up money for healthcare, and that they should be dead or are going to die soon so they should just let the zombies eat them.

"Mah liver ain't so good from my past, my brain is goin and I have no muscles! The hell you zombies want me for?!"

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Colonel Spider said:

Maybe with the vegetable brain dead trait, you won't be looked at by zombies at all. It'll just be more like usual elderly life, but less annoyed. They'd probably be happier. 

You're also forgetting that it'd be crucial for the zombies to also throw insults back at them! Saying how they soak up money for healthcare, and that they should be dead or are going to die soon so they should just let the zombies eat them.

"Mah liver ain't so good from my past, my brain is goin and I have no muscles! The hell you zombies want me for?!"

Spoiler: Zombies are just brain dead people who wanted to get some exercise... They only bite you because you never visited them in the hospital.

Also maybe it's walking dead rules. Where people in comas and stuff are ignored by zombies. After all, what's the sport in attacking a target that won't move? You don't see hunters shooting corpses... Well, you didn't use to.

Anyway, I got to go yell at some kids who are playing on my lawn, so toodles broodles...