Radio Talking in SP

dannyisdude

It would be cool to talk to other people over the radio in SP. I'm not talking about NPC voices either. There should be a sandbox option the when, switched on, looks for other people in SP games around the same date and time after the apocalypse (say, within a week or two), and if you are both on the radio on the same channel, you can talk to random people in the their SP games from your SP games. So this way the radio could feel more alive by sometimes having conversations with random survivors. Also, it should restrict people from talking on the news networks, so that if someone wants to follow the lore, they can.

Edited by dannyisdude

Enter people spamming server advertisement to single players. "What's that? Got no friends? Afraid to go outside in case you get shanked with a steak (not a typo) by neurotic twilight fans? Don't fear, come down to Crazy Steve's serverino™! We've got zombies, pizza, zombie pizza, pizza zombies, pizza. Everything you could ever need! (Warning pizza not included)"

3 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Best suggestion I've read in almost a year.

Agreed. As the post above said however, there could definitely be plenty of spammers and trolls. It would be cool if you could sort of whitelist who you communicate with though. Perhaps if you're in a PZ Steam group you could filter to only those in the group who are playing.

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2016 at 10:04 PM, Strats said:

I've always thought that NPC interactions (and maybe radio) would work a bit like the Telltale Games narrative games. You'd get some dialogue options, which would change depending on the situation/NPC's attitude towards you. Maybe this could work over radio as well?

I figured NPC's wouldn't use radios, or if they did, you wouldn't be able to talk to them.

On 3/26/2016 at 2:48 PM, dannyisdude said:

It would be cool to talk to other people over the radio in SP. I'm not talking about NPC voices either. There should be a sandbox option the when, switched on, looks for other people in SP games around the same date and time after the apocalypse (say, within a week or two), and if you are both on the radio on the same channel, you can talk to random people in the their SP games from your SP games. So this way the radio could feel more alive by sometimes having conversations with random survivors. Also, it should restrict people from talking on the news networks, so that if someone wants to follow the lore, they can.

"Hello is anyone there?"

"hey.   asl?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/8/2016 at 7:57 PM, TheWraithPlayer said:

This would almost have to be a sandbox setting once npcs come in:

(1), npcs only

(2), other players only

(3), both other players and npcs

Actually, that could be implemented now;

1. Story only

2. Players only