Claiming Safehouses

Madruga

(I've searched for this on the forums but could not find, I'm sorry if this is a duplicated question/problem).

I'm hosting a server and everything is running smoothly, except for the fact that one of the groups want to claim this house, but cannot do so. The server is set so they had to stay alive for 5 days before claiming any property. They stayed there for the correct amount of time, started some crop plantation, built some boxes and shelves and after 5 days they can't claim the house.

No zombies inside the perimeter, just one player inside the house and still, no CLAIM SAFEHOUSE on right click command. Has anyone here experienced this same problem? What can prevent players from claiming structures on a multiplayer game?

PS: they can claim other houses, we've checked that already :(

Not sure on this one but will pass it along and see what I can figure out. Cheers!

Edit: I'm told this may be a spawn house (devs out of town for Easter holiday etc at the moment) and you can't claim spawn houses.

9 hours ago, Rathlord said:

Not sure on this one but will pass it along and see what I can figure out. Cheers!

Edit: I'm told this may be a spawn house (devs out of town for Easter holiday etc at the moment) and you can't claim spawn houses.

Thanks Rathlord! Being a spawn house, does it mean that I can change it anywhere in the spawnregion(somethinglikethat).lua file? Can I cross it of the list?

11 hours ago, Madruga said:

Thanks Rathlord! Being a spawn house, does it mean that I can change it anywhere in the spawnregion(somethinglikethat).lua file? Can I cross it of the list?

You probably could nix it from the lua, I'd have to double check where (it'll be after the holiday most likely, sorry!). I can't promise for sure it'll take effect until you make a new game, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On March 27, 2016 at 0:05 PM, Rathlord said:

You probably could nix it from the lua, I'd have to double check where (it'll be after the holiday most likely, sorry!). I can't promise for sure it'll take effect until you make a new game, though.

Hey Rathlord, did you have any response from the devs about this? Also, I don't know if this would be the right place to ask this, but can an admin remove players from any safe house that they were assigned? There's this situation where the owner of a safe house won't login for a while, and some of the members just wanna start a new safe house, but they simply can't claim another spot (because they're assigned to that previous safe house).

Thanks again!

Hellow!

This house is unfortunatly a "spawn house" (a house player can spawn in) and you can't claim that kind of house.  (imagine if everyone claim every spawn house, where will you spawn?)

If you really want to claim this, you need to remove this house from the spawnpoints.lua file and reboot the server.

Admin can remove the players from a safehouse by right clicking on the house.

I should allow players to simply leave a safehouse too...

12 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Hellow!

This house is unfortunatly a "spawn house" (a house player can spawn in) and you can't claim that kind of house.  (imagine if everyone claim every spawn house, where will you spawn?)

If you really want to claim this, you need to remove this house from the spawnpoints.lua file and reboot the server.

Admin can remove the players from a safehouse by right clicking on the house.

I should allow players to simply leave a safehouse too...

Thanks for the feedback RJ! I won't mess with the spawn_points for now, seems kinda risky :)

But for the second part of your instructions, I'm logged with the admin user, but nothing happens when I right click on the house (print screen attached)...

PS: although I'm playing on a OSX machine, the server is running under linux (gameservermanager script).

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 4.00.28 PM.png