How to slow player movement, etc.

AlexB

I'm somewhat familiar with modding but all of the information that I need seems to be ridiculously scattered. I'll occasionally stumble across gems like "HappinessModifier" and other tools that I can code into the vanilla "items.txt" etc in order to mess around with items, recipes, and create new effects on the player. My questions is, is there a way to access a list of all the modifiers, parameters, and "commands" of sorts in order to start messing around with the code without actually having to learn how the entire game works and what each individual module/function is for?

I've checked for wikis on the subject and I can only find one incomplete one for general item properties and modifiers for moods. But where can I find the functions() that I could use to change movement speed, general AI behavior, etc?

just recently made my first mod and my advice to you is either break out the decompiler or read the source of some of the mods here.  preferably both.  if you're super dedicated then do it java style and hack the hell out of her =D

That's what I mean, haha. Everything is scattered. I don't understand the source code well enough to make my own list and other mods only have the features they decided to include, not all of the possible ones. That's why I'm hoping someone will have already made a list of their own or help cut the learning curve down quite a bit.

Edited by AlexB

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

That's what I mean, haha. Everything is scattered. I don't understand the source code well enough to make my own list and other mods only have the features they decided to include, not all of the possible ones. That's why I'm hoping someone will have already made a list of their own or help cut the learning curve down quite a bit.

maybe you mean this: http://projectzomboid.com/modding/

That link looks promising but I have no idea what I'm even looking at lol. No idea how to actually use that code in notepad or with the base files. I know how to add new items based off of old templates, and how to change character traits through that (i.e. add or reduce hunger/happiness/tiredness/etc) but I'm at a loss when I try to slow the characters walk/run speed, or make the zombies have double damage, etc.

What I'm essentially looking for is a list of traits you can add to items or put inside existing files in order to mess around with the game on single player at least. I understand some of the code is probably hard-coded in the sense that I'd have to actually code in AI for more complicated bits in order to mess with zombie behavior or whatever. But when you change zombie behavior (shambler, fast shambler, or sprint) there is a speed characteristic being modified somewhere and I'm trying to find out what that command is. Same thing for when you gain a level in sprinting. You become faster due to a new value being added to a particular command behind the scenes.

Trying to find out what that command is so that I can code items to add/reduce speed, health, etc. Or is that something that I'd have to actually write extensive code for?

Sorry for being somewhat vague, but I'm not sure exactly how it all works. So I'm trying to find as much info as I can on having the power to change the game without getting into actually having to take courses in lua/java/etc in order to change something. I'm not trying to be a professional modder, I'm only trying to mess with a game I love.

Actually I'm finding a lot of the answers from reading this

But if anyone happens to know a very straightforward list of traits for items (such as an updated list from the ones found on wiki) and simple commands then by all means, post it here please :D

As far as item variables go I once made a list

It's a bit out of date and it's chaotic (Because I'm a lazy asshole who doesn't update his stuff regurairly) but there weren't any huge additions like what you're looking for. Speed i think you can only do by .lua, I'll look into it when I have a moment.

Edited by Svarog