My In Progress Development

wintermuteai1

1 hour ago, Wveth said:

Looks good so far. Is this a medieval thing? What's up with the sword and shield and axe?

Just placeholder stuff, although there will be melee it is a post-apoc type so there won't be shields and whatnot. Machetes, knives, some others though.

1 hour ago, Spracky said:

Looks good. I keep wanting to start making games in Unity but I just don't know any coding languages. I can always copy other people's C# scripts, but how is that going to benefit me, you know?

Best way is to do some of the unity tutorials, create projects for yourself and eventually you will know how to do these things. :)

Edited by kirrus
Fix quoting

5 minutes ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Looks awesome, Is it going to be a game like project zomboid or old school fallout?

Hi there, somewhat-ish a mix I suppose but no zombies. 

The premise is a dystopian post apocalyptic world. The player will start with nothing

and will be able to scavenge for things. The world is extremely harsh, hunger and thirst will be overwhelming and the roving gangs of enemies will have the most goods but getting it from them will not be easy. 

18 minutes ago, Wveth said:

If you want some help with stories, or actually writing down dialogue or writing out scenes, etc. then I can help. It's where my skills lie. :)

Thanks Wveth, currently I'm developing it under a publisher, and I'm not able to hire anyone atm, however once it's further along and on steam I plan on adding to it further and will definitely keep you in mind!

10 minutes ago, wintermuteai1 said:

Thanks Wveth, currently I'm developing it under a publisher, and I'm not able to hire anyone atm, however once it's further along and on steam I plan on adding to it further and will definitely keep you in mind!

I need to keep my editing skills sharp too, so if you want something looked over, I'll do that for free.

Actually, when I offered, I didn't think there was any official "hiring" or anything like that at all, so all my offers were for free! I'm just interested in flexing my writing muscles a bit.

Edited by Wveth

54 minutes ago, Wveth said:

I need to keep my editing skills sharp too, so if you want something looked over, I'll do that for free.

Actually, when I offered, I didn't think there was any official "hiring" or anything like that at all, so all my offers were for free! I'm just interested in flexing my writing muscles a bit.

Sent you a pm Wveth. I'm off to bed night folks 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 8:26 PM, Spracky said:

Looks good. I keep wanting to start making games in Unity but I just don't know any coding languages. I can always copy other people's C# scripts, but how is that going to benefit me, you know?

I'm like you. I mean, I did create a little website which I was proud of, then it's gone completely. Don't know how. I tried coding but maths holds me back a lot. I just need motivation and determination. Plus I'm a perfectionist. Which is a problem, I can't have a single issue with the game or it's a failure to me.

This game looks pretty interesting, too. Good luck. I hope I get to do this some day.

Edited by MadDan2013