See Character Name in MP

MrZombifiedGamer

Okay so I posted about this before and I really wasn't sure how to handle it. I wanted to keep it fresh so just in case someone forgot or didn't see it. Wasn't sure if I should bump that one or make a new one. But I decided to do this in any case. 

So I suggest we change out MP so instead of seeing your username you'll see your players name. It would be amazing for RP and I wont have to keep changing my username every time I die and create a new charri. Very simple change I think. xD Also impacts the RP community loads, everyone will love it. Even people who don't RP because it's just so much more realistic! Yeah? XD Maybe have it as a toggleable option for server admins if you really want to keep both. Bam, Cha-Ching! 

Again, sorry if this is against the rules. I tried going to the rules but it doesn't say anything specifically about this. So I wasn't sure if I should find and bump that one or if making a new one was called for. I've seen mods get upset when people necro old threads but I've also seen mods get upset when you create duplicates. Usually the mod then suggests either necroing or creating a duplicate (depending on the situation), which Is kind of odd but I have seen it happen. I think it has something to do with the age of the post. But I couldn't find an explanation. 

Edited by MrZombifiedGamer

I like seeing Username. I'd even like to see a code name generated by their IP address. or have the server save the IP and generate a name for it. So that way the murdering trolls who reroll characters and join the server to shoot me in the face and destroy my buildings , can't just hide behind some fake username and come up to me and say "Oh hi, I'm new, could you help me please"  . People can change their IP address, but it will give them just a little more work if they want to be troll tastic. 

But as for your idea.. Maybe it can be a setting to switch between username/roleplayer name. 

15 minutes ago, Slice985 said:

I like seeing Username. I'd even like to see a code name generated by their IP address. or have the server save the IP and generate a name for it. So that way the murdering trolls who reroll characters and join the server to shoot me in the face and destroy my buildings , can't just hide behind some fake username and come up to me and say "Oh hi, I'm new, could you help me please"  . People can change their IP address, but it will give them just a little more work if they want to be troll tastic. 

But as for your idea.. Maybe it can be a setting to switch between username/roleplayer name. 

I think you misunderstand. The admins will still be able to see usernames. o.O This wouldn't cause trolling. It would just enhance RP. But yeah I like the idea of admins being able to swap it when they choose. 

Just now, MrZombifiedGamer said:

I think you misunderstand. The admins will still be able to see usernames. o.O This wouldn't cause trolling. It would just enhance RP. But yeah I like the idea of admins being able to swap it when they choose. 

No i understand. I just want to as a player be able to see the usernames and an IP address codename for that server. If you are playing on a server as large as Reboid or Terminus which can have up to 70 people playing at once. The admins don't have time or energy or even the will for looking up names. And you can run across several people, so meeting someone new isn't surprising, but meeting someone old with a grudge disguising themselves as someone new sucks. 

I like your idea, I would just like it toggleable and also add more security with an IP code.  Your other idea of having one username and multiple characters is nice. That needs to be a feature. Switching usernames is kinda scary as you have no list or anything. it would be cool if you use the one username and then a prompt popped up and said "Select a Character" and you could choose.