NPCs?

kerlop

I took a long hiatus from PZ because I felt as if I'd done all there was to be done. However, I have been checking the weekly updates religiously waiting for some whiff on the wind concerning NPC development. Is there somewhere that I can read what's happening in that area (if anything)?

3 hours ago, kerlop said:

I took a long hiatus from PZ because I felt as if I'd done all there was to be done. However, I have been checking the weekly updates religiously waiting for some whiff on the wind concerning NPC development. Is there somewhere that I can read what's happening in that area (if anything)?

Since none of these answers were very helpfully ill give you the slim.

The NPCs are still being working on and were being held back by the animation overhaul. AFTER the overhaul is sent out to main branch then you can see that NPCs might be pushed out possibly shortly afterwards (months not days here)

Well here's a little thing about NPC's. I heard there was going to be a MrZombifiedGamer NPC. He's going to be lovely, I heard he's going to have a hat and some pants (hopefully some pants.) I also heard he was going to have a pipe, no, not a corncob pipe, a wooden pipe! And a top hat... Which goes with hats but that's just part of it. Oh and pants, he's gonna have some pants and they are going to be great pants! Best pants you can imagine! Oh and shoes! And he'll frequently bring up a game called Project Zomboid he played and how he waited and waited for NPC's and they finally arrived! Then he'll refer to his boots which he doesn't have anymore. You'll go on an epic quest to obtain his boots and return them to our poor survivor. But when you get back he'll be... You guessed it... Zombified... *sighs* #PrayForMrZombifiedGamer

11 hours ago, kerlop said:

Hush! We don't speak that word out loud 'round these parts... ;) As far as I'm concerned TIS can take their sweet time with dragons, I just want them to be awesome when they do come out.

53 minutes ago, ShuiYin said:

Saying the N@#! Word is like saying the dark lord name in harry potter world. Very evil and unhealthy in general :P

yeah, and while I understand the devs frustration on this topic, I would love to see a devblog about it just to see where it's at. I'm very interested in AI in general and love seeing things about it.

26 minutes ago, wintermuteai1 said:

yeah, and while I understand the devs frustration on this topic, I would love to see a devblog about it just to see where it's at. I'm very interested in AI in general and love seeing things about it.

the Devs found out the hard way, that even teasing a tiny piece of info about the NPC development leads to people getting demanding, rude and downright unlovely. so they just chose to spare themselves from getting attacked that way, and adopted a policy of not saying anything at all about the work.

Just now, syfy said:

the Devs found out the hard way, that even teasing a tiny piece of info about the NPC development leads to people getting demanding, rude and downright unlovely. so they just chose to spare themselves from getting attacked that way, and adopted a policy of not saying anything at all about the work.

Yes I know. Shame really, but understandable.

• 1 month later...

On 3/25/2016 at 7:30 AM, kerlop said:

because NPC will never come out duhhhh

13 minutes ago, Tala-Tashar said:

oh look, the reason we can t have nice things >.>

On 3/25/2016 at 9:02 PM, kerlop said:

Oh okay, thank you! Should I delete this thread then?

prolly, its a rather volatile subject and anything your likely to hear here you can find by searching past threads

24 minutes ago, Tala-Tashar said:

is this a habit you have? it's the second time today, just a blunt statement without anything constructive...

please take some time and read something about the matter, you're just making things worse

• Kirrus locked this topic