Everything you do should give you xp

Zomboid

7 hours ago, Zomboid said:

Especially things you craft... I don't understand how making a spiked baseball bat does not level up my carpentry at all...

I don't understand how Hammering a Nail onto Object would make anyone proficient in Carpentry. Better accuracy, sure, maybe.

10 hours ago, Svarog said:

I don't understand how Hammering a Nail onto Object would make anyone proficient in Carpentry. Better accuracy, sure, maybe.

Well. I guess you could use Carpentry Knowledge in how to add the correct amount of nails without disrupting the durability of the weapon. An idiot hammering nails into a bat could split the bat or create larger areas for stress fractures. 

Edited by Slice985

12 hours ago, Svarog said:

If it doesn't make you proficient in Carpentry it shouldn't be in the Carpentry crafting tab.

23 hours ago, Slice985 said:

Well. I guess you could use Carpentry Knowledge in how to add the correct amount of nails without disrupting the durability of the weapon. An idiot hammering nails into a bat could split the bat or create larger areas for stress fractures. 

Nailed Bat has less durability, which would imply that it DOES have larger areas for stress fractures and a generally weakened structure. Although I must agree, when I was but a wee lad I broke many a plank with incompetently placed nails.

And yes, this does mean all PZ players are idiots. Especially me.

Edited by King Kitteh

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 8:36 PM, Svarog said:

Assuming this person knows LITERALLY NOTHING about carpentry, just seeing how wood feels at all and how nails permeate the wood, it could do some good to the noobiest of noobs

• 4 months later...