Punching bags

Yorny1

If this idea hasnt been said, well its kinda self-explanatory, that we should be able to lvl up our skills by using punching bags, but for that maybe they should add a section like Fitness and endurance.

The more you practice on the punching bag the more endurant you are, the fitter you are, and also you could punch faster. (Obviously there is a limit of how fast you punch, we aint superman.) But in order to work, I guess they should add the animation of punching and kicking, This isnt something very important to focus on, but would be cool to implement it in the game.

2 minutes ago, Teesee said:

Well, fitness and strength are already passive skills (you can see them by clicking on the arrow on the tip right corner of the skills window IIRC). You could link this kind of activities to those skills. 

Holy schnitzel, youre right bro, didnt see that in my skill tab, thx :)

Any dedicated way to train Strength and/or Fitness (that's faster than just running around) would be great, so I'm for it. I'm not sure how feasible punching would be, though. I mean, animating it. Since it's generally not a good idea to punch a zombie. But I'd love to make a Strength-focused character named Big McLargeHuge who spent his spare time punching a punching bag xD

punching zombies is suicidal.

punching people could be fun.

it could be a nonfatal way of solving arguments with people. Have a good old fist fight and the winner gets things there way (or gets stabbed in the back later).

I will add that punching people with no protective gloves on leads to broken hands. Hands are rather useful.

1 hour ago, Trojan_Turps said:

punching zombies is suicidal.

punching people could be fun.

it could be a nonfatal way of solving arguments with people. Have a good old fist fight and the winner gets things there way (or gets stabbed in the back later).

I will add that punching people with no protective gloves on leads to broken hands. Hands are rather useful.

I know its suicidal, I was thinking that some people like to be "jack ass" some like risky things and it also could be a reason to implement a Brass Knuckles into the game or like a type of animation that if you hold a baseball bat with one hand you could punch and hit with the bat.

55 minutes ago, Yorny1 said:

I know its suicidal, I was thinking that some people like to be "jack ass" some like risky things and it also could be a reason to implement a Brass Knuckles into the game or like a type of animation that if you hold a baseball bat with one hand you could punch and hit with the bat.

Well, the punching and hitting with the bat would probably be too complicated, plus, in real life it'd be slightly useless. Think about attacking someone with a baseball bat, and instead of holding with both hands, instead just swinging your right, with the bat, at them, then just punching them. It'd be way less effective, and probably bad for you hand of course. 

Any dedicated way to train Strength and/or Fitness (that's faster than just running around) would be great,

You can push trees (press Space) to train strength and you can push doors to train fitness (v33.20). Even on fast forward.

Edited by ganya

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Colonel Spider said:

Well, the punching and hitting with the bat would probably be too complicated, plus, in real life it'd be slightly useless. Think about attacking someone with a baseball bat, and instead of holding with both hands, instead just swinging your right, with the bat, at them, then just punching them. It'd be way less effective, and probably bad for you hand of course. 

True true 

This could be useful for unarmed combat later and leveling up a bit in some other skills. Then again shouldn't the punching bag wear our after so much damage too it so its not an infinite xp grinder. Now i understand that exhaustion is a thing that limits it but this is also a bit more realistic.

1 hour ago, King jjwpenguin said:

This could be useful for unarmed combat later and leveling up a bit in some other skills. Then again shouldn't the punching bag wear our after so much damage too it so its not an infinite xp grinder. Now i understand that exhaustion is a thing that limits it but this is also a bit more realistic.

Yes, I forgot to mention as well that it should get damage the more you use it. :)

On 3/24/2016 at 3:09 PM, ganya said:

You can push trees (press Space) to train strength and you can push doors to train fitness (v33.20). Even on fast forward.

Whaattt? Neat I'm going to try this. Idk if I'd want to sit in my house with a punching bag though. I'd rather be outside hitting things, even if they are just trees and doors. Lol

11 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Whaattt? Neat I'm going to try this. Idk if I'd want to sit in my house with a punching bag though. I'd rather be outside hitting things, even if they are just trees and doors. Lol

But wouldn't using gym equipment and punching bags be better than tree's and doors? Seems more realistic to me.

3 hours ago, King jjwpenguin said:

But wouldn't using gym equipment and punching bags be better than tree's and doors? Seems more realistic to me.

Seems more realistic, but its borrringgg... It's like continually running into a wall inside to up your running speed. There's no danger... no thrill...

23 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Seems more realistic, but its borrringgg... It's like continually running into a wall inside to up your running speed. There's no danger... no thrill...

and hitting a door is better than hitting a bag inside? Orr hitting a tree is better than hitting a different object?