ISObject.transmitModData()

xenoglyph

IsoObject.transmitModData() give this:

receiveObjectModData: index=-1 is invalid x,y,z=10878,10116,0

is this still a work in progress?

currently attempting to use custom sendServerCommand as a workaround.

Edited by xenoglyph

Sorry for being spammy, but something else I noticed was that transmitModData() is implemented in IsoObject, so only objects which inherit from it can do the automagical sychronization (i think).  This, for instance, excludes InventoryItem objects unless they happen to gain an IsoWorldInventoryObject in their .worldItem field.

yeah, i was rambling way too much before i got my hands dirty.  i have a tendency of doing that.  you're 100% correct.  this whole thread was kinda pointless, i'll try to have more restraint.

on a side note i love how easy it is to create your own custom little client/server protocol for mods using the Lua functions.

• 2 months later...

isoWorldObject moddata is not saving for me on multiplayer. its nil if i leave the loaded cell and come back, or if I rejoin. transmit moddata doesnt help either.

transmitCompleteItemToServer() will save the moddata I set BUT only as a completely new duplicate item.

what should I do?

i tried both

item:transmitModdata()

and

item:getWorldItem():transmitModdata()

already. neither seem to do anything. transmitCompleteItemToServer "works" in saving the mod data to server but as i said it makes it as a duplicate item