General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

I wasn't sure that this deserved it's own thread, so I thought I'd just post it here, in General Creativity.

It bothered me to no end that I couldn't find it done anywhere, so here's a really rough version of Zach Beevers' What Was Lost, transcribed to classical guitar by Your Humble Narrator, rife with accidents and accidentals (oh, that's not punny).  Please be gentle with your comments, I recorded this at around four in the morning.  Also, please ignore my newborn sons' shriek halfway through the video ;)

Midnight sketcharoo!

nIyN5ub.png

gotta work on legs...

Nice work, Fuji!  I like the wrinkling of the shawl (not sure that's the right word to use) in particular.  A good use of rather dull colours as well, a lot of flat green and brown in the right places.  It sort of reminds me of the artwork in the handbook for the pen and paper Star Wars RPG.

I wasn't sure that this deserved it's own thread, so I thought I'd just post it here, in General Creativity.

It bothered me to no end that I couldn't find it done anywhere, so here's a really rough version of Zach Beevers' What Was Lost, transcribed to classical guitar by Your Humble Narrator, rife with accidents and accidentals (oh, that's not punny).  Please be gentle with your comments, I recorded this at around four in the morning.  Also, please ignore my newborn sons' shriek halfway through the video ;)

Simply great!

That was truly wonderful! You're very talented!

Thanks folks. That was actually the first piece of music I've learned since my son was born, so it was a bit challenging to transcribe it from piano. Painstaking since I have no actual training in guitar, but definitely gratifying to finish.

Can't stop listening to such a piece of art. Love it on the guitar!

Awesome work Evil!

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, think yourself lucky! I'm working on a 2D side-scroller and I'm utterly failing at getting the pick-up object code to work (Just kind of like "Pick up this to get points" kind of thing) and I've pretty much given up on it for the now.

That shouldn't be so hard? Just add an OnCollisionEnter? :)

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Collider.OnCollisionEnter.html

Haha, think yourself lucky! I'm working on a 2D side-scroller and I'm utterly failing at getting the pick-up object code to work (Just kind of like "Pick up this to get points" kind of thing) and I've pretty much given up on it for the now.

Oh I've tried, but then the object just sits there. Like a cat. I've even tried to get the object to just flat-out destroy itself and it never responded to that line of code.

Oh I've tried, but then the object just sits there. Like a cat. I've even tried to get the object to just flat-out destroy itself and it never responded to that line of code.

You want any help?

You want any help?

I'd absolutely love some, but I've got no code to show for the actual pick-up script as in my torrent of absolute rage at failure, I might have deleted that speciffic script.

You want any help?

I'd absolutely love some, but I've got no code to show for the actual pick-up script as in my torrent of absolute rage at failure, I might have deleted that speciffic script.

We could create a new one :)

You want any help?

We could create a new one :)

That'd be great if you don't mind! Although I should warn you, I'm still rather fresh with C#.

• 2 months later...