General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

This thread makes me wish I was an aritst/writer.

Which I'm not.

Oh well.

The great thing about writing and art is that it's never too late to leeeeaaaaaarn!

I can only do abstract art and even then it's only if it contains certain organs interconnected.

It still comes out quite shitty.

I like your drawings Pixel, they have a lot of character- very expressive.

Centurion those guys are rather nifty; I'm not one to judge whether you're 'good' or not, but they're certainly quite unique looking. 

FreeJayFly those are really cool, I kinda want you to draw some of my characters now XD

I'm not a very good artist, but I aspire to be better. Hopefully. One day. :P

dwarf+soldier3.jpg

How do you consider yourself to be not a very good artist? That looks extraordinary, I don't know if you intend for the lines to be jaggy like that or not but it suits the image well.

I second that. I might stop calling myself an artist after seeing this.

nice pictures in here! very cool to see the different styles. i ever tried to draw stuff - i got it in my clear head, but i'm unable to get the dimensions.

but i'm good in directing and producing short movies of festivals and concerts and i'm also able to cut concerts for live tv. i'm doing this for over 10 years in an education for youths and interested people. we teach them how to use modern cameras and cutting and publishing stuff.

were are working non-commercial - it's a platform for youth and people who aren't able to do "such stuff" because of various reasons.

hard work without benefit, but much much love from the kids :)

this is the latest trailer from last summer, the full movie about the festival is also there (warning - german language inside).

dwarf+soldier3.jpg

It's a very nice picture I really like it. :D

Looking this thread makes me feel like crap that I can't draw to save my life... I mean I can.... ehm. I can... Hmm. Edit a wiki. That's creative... isn't it?

Seriously though going through this thread all these pictures are absolutely top notch. :)

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could do me a favour: I'm submitting a writing piece to get into a third year writing course at my university, and I've been reworking one of my old pieces. There's a link here, and I'd be really appreciative if you could tear it apart and tell me how and where it is terrible. I really want to get into this course, so criticize me until I cry.

Seriously.

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could do me a favour: I'm submitting a writing piece to get into a third year writing course at my university, and I've been reworking one of my old pieces. There's a link here, and I'd be really appreciative if you could tear it apart and tell me how and where it is terrible. I really want to get into this course, so criticize me until I cry.

Seriously.

I think your posting in the wrong forums..... I can tell good writing from bad writing & this is not bad writing.....

My only thoughts on the story are..... It reminds me of R.L. Stien & I predicted the twist around the time the newcomers entered the protagonist's home.....

I am a rare breed that can appreciate & understand virtually any form of creativity &, nothing against my peers in this forum, this is about the extent of the creative writing here..... & here (other than what you have read in this thread)

Having never pursued creative writing before, my only recommendation would be DeviantArt..... the majority of their members are "artists" & photographers but there are a decent number of poets & writers among their ranks as well.... Other than that I cant help you.....

If it were up to me I would accept you into your course already :)

EDIT:

If your interested, I'm sure RoboMat & RathLord would be happy to have your skills involved in the survivor stories mod for PZ.... That's the sort of thing that COULD make the difference between a placeholder & an actual implementation 

Edited by ExcentriCreation

dwarf+soldier3.jpg

How do you consider yourself to be not a very good artist? That looks extraordinary, I don't know if you intend for the lines to be jaggy like that or not but it suits the image well.

Thanks guys. I guess I base my opinion of myself after looking at so many of the other incredible works on this thread. This rougher, 'jagged' as you say, style tends to work for me when I'm sketching. I've never had much of an idea for detail and I cannot for the life of me build an image from colours and lighting. I'm still trying to ditch this style somewhat but yeah, I suck with colours and lighting. :P

Thanks guys. I guess I base my opinion of myself after looking at so many of the other incredible works on this thread. This rougher, 'jagged' as you say, style tends to work for me when I'm sketching. I've never had much of an idea for detail and I cannot for the life of me build an image from colours and lighting. I'm still trying to ditch this style somewhat but yeah, I suck with colours and lighting. :P

Style is the difference between art & science..... Yeah, sure, if you asked someone with a diploma in commercial art they would probably say that your doing this wrong & that wrong but at the end of the day photo-realism isn't the "right" form of art....

Your equally as good as half of the comic strips I have seen in my life.... granted I'm not much into them, but still.... :)

If you are comfortable & create good looking work within your style then your proficiency with colours & lighting are irrelevant

EDIT:

If your interested, I'm sure RoboMat & RathLord would be happy to have your skills involved in the survivor stories mod for PZ.... That's the sort of thing that COULD make the difference between a placeholder & an actual implementation

I think it's RoboMat's mod.

Rath and other people are contributing neato stories, though, IIRC

dwarf+soldier3.jpg

Loving it. The smartass in me would suggest trying to have the linework representing the shades (thicker where shadow would be, thinner near light source), but I like it a lot.

EDIT:

I think it's RoboMat's mod.

Rath and other people are contributing neato stories, though, IIRC

dwarf+soldier3.jpg

Loving it. The smartass in me would suggest trying to have the linework representing the shades (thicker where shadow would be, thinner near light source), but I like it a lot.

Wasn't keepbro discussing a commemorative storymod? (Or some other long C word..)

I can remember discussing it with him but I don't think anybody at the time was going to do so..

EDIT: I was going to take a crack at it but I lack the confidence to go into the PZ coding and try to make a PZ story mod, not to mention all of my ideas would need mapping done (which I've tried and consecutively failed at.)