General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

55 minutes ago, Svarog said:

I made 2 (Playable) maps for Modded Doom 2, I made the first because someone posted his first map ever (Which really sucked, it was a single room with tons of enemies) and I decided I can top that x100 so I downloaded the tools and started my own thing and then I experimented a bit which ended in a bunch of suck and then I made a third map which was playable like the first one.

I used the general philosophy of "Keep The Player Occupied" so there's always something to shoot at even while backtracking, also tried to keep the difficulty high and added plenty of secrets.

I have my own playthroughs of both my maps available on my channel, no commentary, if someone plays DooM with Project brutality, links in description.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyh1tFq1ZyR8gSrb2J6Paag/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

thats pretty cawlsome for being your first maps i liked the thing u did with the roof that must have taken a lot of time and / or effort

6 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

thats pretty cawlsome for being your first maps i liked the thing u did with the roof that must have taken a lot of time and / or effort

With modern tools it doesn't take any effort really. Just a bit of time :P

I seriously went into it to top someone who just posted crap and expected praise. It's dicksish I know but I kinda think I made something playable AND enjoyable.

Edit: First map was 2 days of work, 3rd was 1 day of work. And I don't mean in 24h sense I mean in 8h work day sense. The versions on my YT are updated which took 1h to do.

Edited by Svarog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ezbh7V6.png

0KCF54x.png

windbreaker for men

the clipping of the upper body (the white stuff sticking out the back from the upper arms for example) will be removed under the jacket to prevent such clipping from happening. also wondering if its noticably a windbreaker? dont want it to look to much like a hoodie which im afraid it may do?

Edited by xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx

15 hours ago, Fuji said:

Definitely looks like a hoodie :P

Try adding some Adidas stripes to it, without increasing the resolution I don't think there's much else you can do.

You reckon a knockoff Nike logo or something sportsy on it will make it more obvious? 
Right now the main way to discern it would be the name being Windbreaker and the bullet wounds for it have a burnt plastic overlay + effect and non-soaking splatter.

other than that i figure ur right theres not much else i can do.

actually, ill look into making high contrast polygonal looking folds and tweaking the material for it. the plastic kinda material on windbreakers often gives those high contrast dark and edgy folds that give it away imma look into doing that too. 

VfVLNXV.png

i call these rotters. theyre the 2nd (or third if i manage to pull off a grizzly bear) most dangerous, theyre really slow at this point of their life but they kill you in a single hit and can sometimes blend into the environments youll encounter them in by for example surprising you from a dormant state hiding in a flooded part of a basement.  think of em like clickers in tlou, if u let em get close theyll easily grab you and kill you in a single hit. theyre like traditional zombies just a lil faster and more animalistic.

more art V a lot of it NSFW kinda cause of gore

Spoiler

lo0ZGFq.png

face art dump

first four rows are "ferals" theyre basically 28 weeks later style infected or the last of us style runners, theyre very animalistic and instinct based and its reflected by the movements im planning for them which are supposed to be spiderlike (think of the wendigo in until dawn basically) ull see them hunch over tables ur hiding behind sniffing you out and making gurgly growly noises and they have a pack mentality like wolves.

bloodpools.png.37cac4d96588c0a2798e0ccd38612a81.png

some blood pools i worked on theyve been twisted and shaped around to be flatter looking for the 2d floor

843caaefbbe8f9c651c66fed6e96812b.gif

experimenting a lil with drawing and rigging 2d dolls. its been a hell lot of work to get the joints done correctly so you dont have any weird stuff happening such as gaps between arms or empty spaces when bending the elbow / knee. im happy with the results.

also experimenting with spriters on the fly bodypart sprite switching in this case i been looking into rotating heads and will branch out into different perspectives on the entire body as im getting real good results. spriter is an awesome tool and well worth $55 in my opinion it has a ton of cool features and makes animating real easy

Edited by xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx

Just now, DramaSetter said:

Actualy, sprites of zombies can be retextured without it. One guy even maked 2 mods, they in workshop, somewhere.

yeah i modded zombies to be gorier myself but the problem is that theyre mirrored right now so you can only detail half of the body and it will automatically copy that over to the other half so a lot of what im planning to do would be impossible or look weird as of now + im not playing this game anway til the anims are out just so i dont get burnt out 

22 hours ago, Fuji said:

Some random little things I've been working on:

Hide contents

cut

holy shit man i love the first three so much your pixel art is impressive and i love your coloring.

huge respects to making small resolution pixel soldiers/coppers look unique and different from eachother and even clearly discern the two genders like that