General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

That was nice Zombadger, I like your croonery voice ^^

On another note, for all the drawing chaps, I found this dank post :

http://kotaku.com/tips-for-drawing-backgrounds-1759168924

Always had troubles with backgrounds, and tutorials usually are boring and hard to grasp. This one is very cool and well explained.

I think I feel like I'll dig my pencil out the drawer after a few years without drawing anything. It's like my interest for gaming died (except for PZ and KSP), and got replaced by my old friends drawing and moar music.

Very neat! Any information on the language/compiler you're making this in? I've been playing lots of dwarf fortress and CDDA recently, can't get enough of ASCII games. I guess it's because what they lack in graphics they make up in gameplay generally.

Alright, I got a bit better since last time I was here, but these are still a bit amateur-ish.

I increased contrast on all of them for increased visibility:

ufkpev7.png

[QUICK EDIT] : Probably should have posted each of them separately instead of joining each one in a single image, but I've been at this for like half an hour, and I need to rest  :lol:

Very neat! Any information on the language/compiler you're making this in? I've been playing lots of dwarf fortress and CDDA recently, can't get enough of ASCII games. I guess it's because what they lack in graphics they make up in gameplay generally.

Like the others said I'm using the LÖVE framework. The beauty about ASCII is that it has this level of abstraction where you can fill in as many details as you want without having to worry about creating a bazzilion graphical representations.

Alright, I got a bit better since last time I was here, but these are still a bit amateur-ish.

I increased contrast on all of them for increased visibility:

Don't starve <3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been on the fence about posting this, but fuck it why not:

I did a game design document for college last year and I've been going back-and-forth on altering a more codex-style document for it and figured I might as well post it here.

GDD & the Codex thing

EDIT:

Found another concept thing from way back, I didn't write all of this, most of the character stuff was done by someone I wsa working on it with.

It can be found here

Edited by Kitt Frostpaws

Very nice! Would love to see this with some background :)

No clue about the movie though: It reminds me of "I am Legend" (The one with Will Smith), but looking at the uniform and weapon I'd say it is about a Japanese Soldier and his dog during WWII?

I've departed from my acoustic-singer-songwriter style and have embraced a couple of my biggest influences, Stoner Rock (ala Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Tool) and Synthwave (Waveshaper, Kavinsky, Lazerhawk, Perturbator) and Triphop (Massive Attack, Portishead, etc) to create a brand new genre: Stonersynth.  I combine a punk-rock mentality in composition and lyrics -- verse-chorus-verse, vague, dark and brooding-- with the stoner-rock and triphop influence of repetitive yet spatially and sonicaly interesting phrases, along with the tropes of the 80s inspired movement, synthwave, including VST synths, modulation and arppeggios.

I will be releasing an entire 7-9 track album/LP, entitled, CLERIC, sometime late June or Early July.

Follow me on Soundcloud, Twitter and Facebook for more info.  If you're more interested in this style, other artists and I are leading the creation of this Genre, such as the TCR, and Brothercom.  You can find more of our contemparary artists on our facebook group, The Wave Cave, our youtube channel WAVETV.

• 4 weeks later...

Well ... I am still working on my ASCII-Strategy game. Here's a small gif showing the new (and still very basic) AI battling against itself. The system I use basically mocks player input which means the game doesn't care wether a character is controlled by the computer or the player which makes it easy to turn the whole system on and off (and also reduces overall coupling).

AI_battle.gif

Ai_battle2.gif

P.S.: Sometimes it feels like I'm not really making progress so it is actually quite nice to see how much the game has progressed since the last time I posted here ^^

On 6/1/2016 at 3:43 AM, Fuji said:

Did a thing to test out a new painting program, bonus points if you can guess the movie

a_boy_and_his_dog_by_fujinaka-da4okg7.pn

Used this: https://krita.org/ recommend checking it out if you're into that kind of thing.  It's free and way better for drawing things than Photoshop or Sai in my opinion.

A boy and his dog...   Do I get extra points to create my next Character? :-)

Nice digital painting.

52 minutes ago, vanorfeadiel said:

A boy and his dog...   Do I get extra points to create my next Character? :-)

Nice digital painting.

Ya got it :D

Now you can pick Athletic without also being deaf and blind!

• 1 month later...

If anyone plays the Original DooM games, I've randomly downloaded Doom Builder, learned to use it and made two maps. Though I would recommend playing them with some mod like Project Brutality, each has a ton of enemies and the difficulty is very high. They're on ModDB with the link below.

http://www.moddb.com/members/svarog246/addons

There's also playthroughs of both on YouTube that show all areas and secrets.

Edited by Svarog

I've currently been working on a world-building sci-fi exercise, which has kind of spiraled  out of control, been working on it for four months now. I'll post some when it's ready - I'm really just still adding to it, building up the history, species, religions, cultures + their corresponding crime & punishment.

I'll probably not post it for a while as it's still a heavy work-in-progress and it kind of takes a bit from everything out there, from conspiracy theories to the Warhammer 40K's tyrannids, Hell even H.P Lovecraft acted as an inspiration for some of it. 

I may post snippets from time-to-time.

Edited by Kitt Frostpaws

5 minutes ago, Kitt Frostpaws said:

I've currently been working on a world-building sci-fi exercise, which has kind of spiraled  out of control, been working on it for four months now. I'll post some when it's ready - I'm really just still adding to it, building up the history, species, religions, cultures + their corresponding crime & punishment.

I'll probably not post it for a while as it's still a heavy work-in-progress and it kind of takes a bit from everything out there, from conspiracy theories to the Warhammer 40K's tyrannids, Hell even H.P Lovecraft acted as an inspiration for some of it. 

I may post snippets from time-to-time.

Hive mind ... Hive mind ... Hive mind ... Hive mind ... Hive mind ... Hive mind ...