General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

This will probably not be terribly well received, but C++ is fairly... dated. I mean, clearly still widely in use for a million applications and great to learn, but learning C# is, in my opinion, a much better way to learn to code and (hopefully) more useful in the future.

In the end (like with any language) it depends on what you're trying to do I guess.

Yah, if you wanna design spreadsheets, totally stick with C++. (jesting)

... or if you need to create low level stuff like drivers and other OS programs.

But what do I know ...

Or create a high performance program.

(jesting)

Or create a high performance program.

Implying that you can't have a high performance program in C# o.O

Or have it run on anything else than Windows.

Implying that C# isn't cross platform?

Always interesting to hear people's thoughts about languages  :D

Implying that you can't have a high performance program in C# o.O

Talking about when you need to ring out any little performance you can, with minimal overhead.

Again, every language has it's place.

And some people are better sticking to English?  ;)

I love the stuff in this thread, and it encouraged me to post something I've been working on for the last few days.

Some back-story is probably necessary for this. An old friend of mine is starting up a Dark Sun campaign (a D&D campaign setting where metal is scarce, magic is mostly reviled and the environment itself is trying to murder you) and we've got a small group involved. We met a few weeks ago to create our characters and after noticing that Athasian (the world in Dark Sun is Athas) Dwarves were hairless and also had goals they would fixate on completing, I immediately decided I wanted to play a Dwarf who was focused on getting a beard. Until he can find some way to get a real beard, whether through a fake one made out of hair from various sources or some Faustian bargain with a Sorcerer-King, I decided he would have gotten a tattooed beard (and eyebrows!). Add an axe-like weapon called a "Gouge" and that I also imagined him looking slightly like Bob Hoskins and you've got basically what I've attempted to depict:

post-14395-0-06833200-1427835774_thumb.p

Still a lot of spots I need to touch up- it's hard to step away from it. Still, it was a bit out of my comfort zone art-wise and I'm decently happy with it. If I can stop fretting over it I'll move on to my wife's character portrait :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You want your eyes to bleed?

20665bba5f65723d8c38e93402e19155.png

This is why you never go back to something you made in the early days. 

To people who doesn't know: This is very badly modelled.  Ain't got time to explain why :P

Hot damn. My inner topological self is crying in pain.  :P

I've just been doing T-shirt designs here which is pretty fun. I'll be doing more over the next few weeks with any luck.

Also I've been gone for quite some time but I may be back doing models and such if college gives me a damn break.  :D