General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

I have a question, what width and height do you guys consider optimal to draw something?

every time Im drawing I always end up having something somewhat pixelated. not something like pixel art, just something like... the drawing above.

You can see it has a lot of mistakes, and quite a bit being from the ''pixelated'' look, that I assume comes from drawing with a low height and width.

I have a question, what width and height do you guys consider optimal to draw something?

every time Im drawing I always end up having something somewhat pixelated. not something like pixel art, just something like... the drawing above.

You can see it has a lot of mistakes, and quite a bit being from the ''pixelated'' look, that I assume comes from drawing with a low height and width.

If you're using photoshop, using the A4 size works great as a standard for me. I usually just crop it out if I need to change the composition. but yeah, around 2K-3K pixels is usually a minimum for me.

Okay, so, imagine THIS:

7a38a1b8ebe8c44b8ce1113c01fe111e.png?ito

Looking CUTE.

That is what im attempting to do in Paint net.

I think im doing good so far, even though all I drew were two circles...

But I just began so, whatever.

EDIT: Oh, and also, thanks Karen for the width and height suggestions of the frame, its working pretty well for me :D

• 3 weeks later...

A PZ Poem I made a thread for, but it felt right to put it here too :D

Being hunted by the undead

Not unlike a cat chasing mice

Regreting bad decisions

That ultimately led to my demise

Who am I

Just another guy

Stuck in this endless conflict

Awaiting my turn to die

So many of them

Constantly chasing after me

Nowhere and everywhere

What do you want from me?

The sun leaves the sky

Corpses rise from the ground

Life leaving your corpse

Shotgun pellets all around

Knocking at the door

Waiting to sink their teeth into me

You think im just going to give up?

Oh, bitch, please

I pick up my axe

Ready for the last stand

Whenever I die

It will start all over again.

• 1 month later...

Alright you guys, time for you all to have some hy'ucks!

Current level I'm having to do in unity for college:

Basic Overview

k0g7bs.jpg

Link:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k0g7bs&s=8#.VQayofmsXDA

Starting corridor

2r6e7ms.jpg

Link:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2r6e7ms&s=8#.VQazE_msXDA

The rest isn't exactly in a state I'm happy to show off yet.  :-|

Oh yeah, I do 3D stuff as well.  :D

dT8agw.pngI7YbDN.png

1VAZs9.png

M3Xjb2.png

QMUCTl.png

nzRQ47.pngRiPAve.png

These were supposed to be uploaded to the Unity Asset Store, but I've had constant problems that I haven't been able to resolve as of yet.  <_<

More!

vEzBNp.png

5xqCKW.png

we4I2r.png

Unfortunately there's only so much stuff that I have renders for, and most of them are up to a year old. 

-snip-

Unfortunately there's only so much stuff that I have renders for, and most of them are up to a year old. 

And here's me struggling to make a bloody table..

I've been doing 3D stuff for about 5 years and even still I'm not happy with the progress I've made. It all takes time, your stuff is great and coming along nicely!  :)

-snip-

I've been doing 3D stuff for about 5 years and even still I'm not happy with the progress I've made. It all takes time, your stuff is great and coming along nicely!  :)

Well I suppose that's the issue, it's not 3D Modelling I'm aspiring for - it's coding. (Becuase I'm a sadomasochist like that.)

-snip-

Well I suppose that's the issue, it's not 3D Modelling I'm aspiring for - it's coding. (Becuase I'm a sadomasochist like that.)

That's way more impressive than 3D, if you ask me. I tried coding for 2 months (C++) before I gave up. Anyone who can do that stuff is a wizard.

-snip-

That's way more impressive than 3D, if you ask me. I tried coding for 2 months (C++) before I gave up. Anyone who can do that stuff is a wizard.

I'm having to do it through a couple of books (namely C++ Primer, that thing is almost as thick as my bloody head..), it's definitely easier to have reading material if you try to self-teach code.