General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

My question is... Say you don't have one of thems fancy shmancy pen-a-ma-thingies to draw with... What would be a good pointer or tip if any for scanning or importing pencil sketches?

Pencil-wise, resolution-wise and colour-wise. For black and white sketches that is. It usually comes out looking either way to pixelated or way too 'washed out' as it were.

Been a while since I scanned anything, but I usually make sure the scanner lid is closed down tight to stop any extra light from seeping through. Make sure you have the dpi and image resolution set high enough. Resolution wise I usually keep it at the very least around the 1kx1k or 2kx2k region, and dpi of 300.

For extra clarity and sharpness in the scanned image, and especially for black and white pencil/ink work, I balance the colors with Levels in Photoshop (Ctrl+L). It's great for adjusting the contrast and helping the washed-out-ness. :)

Haiku:

Pen, paper apart;

Separate they make nothing,

Together make art

Rhyming (non-lyrical) Psuedo Riddle (what can I say, I get bored):

What's fey and free and gone from me?

My muse, obviously.

I like doing jaunty, short, light hearted stuff. Everything else either veers into dark and uncomfortable or poetry for (or about) women (-;

I just noticed that thread ! that's nice ! We've plenty of talented people on our lovely forums :3

There I share my mioosic, those are the 3 tracks of my band's first -home recorded- EP :

I hope you'll enjoy !

Edit :

Oh and our band's name is We Wish We Were New Daily, and my lovely sis' made the art ^^

I just noticed that thread ! that's nice ! We've plenty of talented people on our lovely forums :3

There I share my mioosic, those are the 3 tracks of my band's first -home recorded- EP :

I hope you'll enjoy !

Edit :

Oh and our band's name is We Wish We Were New Daily, and my lovely sis' made the art ^^

Epic miooosic deprav!  I might post some of my 'Modern' art later on..

*I would draw some awesome portraits, but they just end up like child drawings :P*

Please try to avoid overquoting in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know any good pixel drawing programs?

I remember there was a pixel animation sprite thingy that I think binky made, and that there's a link to that in the forum, But I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to work with that, so either a link to a pixel drawing program or to a tutorial about binky's program, it would be much apreciated :)

The link to binky's animation program's thread: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/142-pulchritudinous-paint-animation-v05/#entry2069