General Creativity

Pixel Bombs

I'm loving the 3d models!

Also spaaaaaahs. But I made it on Construct because I'm lazy and haven't learned any coding yet. :P

Tbh I don't think it is important how you did something as long as you get stuff done :) The particle effects look very very nice.

Thanks, I find art incredibly frustrating though because because my ability to transfer depth and proportion into some form of 2D art is... well, non-existent, pretty much. Everything I experiment with has a very flat appearance.

I find a good way to mess with a object so it looks 3d-ish is to use a combination of darker colours and shading.. Ofcourse when I drew I was in highschool quite some time ago and I was also doing graphic design - which was shit.

The logo, I made everything from the logo icon itself to the background. As well as the spades background image. I made the jiggly puff myself as well, but didn't think it turned out quite right. I personally don't like it, but w/e.

I also made the whole theme (look) of http://www.facerig.us as well as http://www.gamehandout.com/forum

The DAR I made myself when I was into Illustrator, and freelance work.

post-10816-0-85424500-1396397741_thumb.p

post-10816-0-89546500-1396397775_thumb.p

post-10816-0-64756100-1396397776_thumb.p

post-10816-0-63639600-1396397778_thumb.p

post-10816-0-65025600-1396397803_thumb.p

post-10816-0-74704600-1396398030_thumb.j

post-10816-0-54268700-1396398046.png

post-10816-0-51583200-1396398050_thumb.p

post-10816-0-07623300-1396398058_thumb.p

post-10816-0-71004400-1396398082_thumb.p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dang, I was wondering what ever happened to this thread. Glad to see it back.

Been working on some stuff, mostly just experimenting.

[snipped pretty picture]

And I'm in the process of finishing this one up. No one ever talks about how bad ass Protoman is and it kind of bums me out.

[snipped this other pretty picture]

hoyl shit that is amazing what do you use to make that

• 3 weeks later...

This may be bearing my soul but these are my first attempts at edm from around the late 90's.

https://archive.org/details/iuma-suavekev

Edit: I've moved on.... needless to say... but I refuse to plug.

2nd edit: I was amazed somebody kept track of iuma... I lost a lot of my productions betweeen now and then due to stupidity, i.e not backing shit up, but lesson learned.

3rd edit, I met a lot of people who produced some stellar 90's music and I learned "not a lot" as they wouldn't tell me shit and they taught me that no one else would, even if they knew. EDM, or trance or techno is a "black art". Imagine how frustrating that is to learn. That you can't learn unless you already know someone... So I became a sound engineer and practiced for about 3 years until the anti-social hours caught up with me. Then I quit and got into IT.

I still make music.

btw, i'm still learning...

4th edit, my son and I are now producing music. I have been learning for years now how to master a track. Which is more than just recording or engineering. Mastering is soooo much more.

I now wonder how much this process has in common with the video game creation process.

5th edit, Bob Katz is a good starting place: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-Audio-The-Art-Science/dp/0240808371

6th edit, fuck visuals, a zombie has goudged out your eyeballs...

Art thread! Art thread!

Love what I've seen in this thread so far, I will peruse more closely later today. :)

Here's some of my schtuff

<snip>

It's actually DayZ fanart, but...hopefully I'll get around to making PZ themed stuff, too. :)

These are amazing!

I also have another update to show. Implemented most of the basic game mechanics like upgrades, bombkicking, etc. and now I'm working on the AI. The black numbers are indicators for the blast radius of planted bombs which the AI uses to avoid bombs. The four squares around the bombers show if a tile is passable (black) or not (red). I also created my first pixel "art" ever using a gameboy palette :D

<snip>

My question is... Say you don't have one of thems fancy shmancy pen-a-ma-thingies to draw with... What would be a good pointer or tip if any for scanning or importing pencil sketches?

Pencil-wise, resolution-wise and colour-wise. For black and white sketches that is. It usually comes out looking either way to pixelated or way too 'washed out' as it were.