The glorious return of the PZ screenshot competition

Batsphinx

Hey Survivors. Today sees the launch of a brand new PZ screenshot competition!

We’re looking for grabs of the current builds of Project Zomboid to use on our website and in press materials – which is where you, the desperate uninfected, come into play.

We'll be awarding six prizes - three for Artistic Merit, and three for accurately summing up Daily PZ Life. Prizes will be gaming goodies that Writer Will has collected on his journalistic travels - and so you know what sort of stuff we’re talking about for the first contest winners we sent out prizes like Duke Nukem Forever Y-fronts, a copy of Crusader Kings 2, a Left 4 Dead cap and a whole bunch of cool t-shirts.

So post your screens in this thread!

This time we’ll also be upping the stakes and gifting the two category winners, so that’s ‘artistic’ and ‘daily PZ life’, the game of their choosing from Steam or Desura. (A regularly priced one, mind, not one that comes laced with a downloadable gold hem and/or a pdf instruction manual studded with rubies.)

Judging will be done by the Indie Stone team, and decisions will be final. Please note that all test build screenshots posted in the previous contest thread on the old forum will be automatically made part of this new competition. That said, why not repost them to show them off to a new, excitable and wider audience?

This contest will close shortly before PZ goes on Steam Early Access, after which we’ll start a new competition. Sound good?

Oh, and we recommend FRAPS as a decent piece of grabbing software. That said, on forum test builds and the current Steam build PZ will auto-take screenshots when you press F12, and will then be saved in the Users/YOU/Zomboid/Screenshot folder.

Finally, if you want to know what sort of fierce screenshot-taking rivalries you’re about to take on the results of the 0.2.0 contest can be found on the main blog. (We can only apologise for the hugely late appearance of these - which were a victim of what we call 'the long winter of no content' in terms of game builds. As an apology we've upped the prize-fund for the old compo, and all winners will be sent a copy of the excellent Zafehouse Diaries as well as goodies. Many thanks to Screwfly Studios!)

Thanks all!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Progress"

nxFurk7.jpg

"Building a New"

2kKhG33.jpg

"Home Addition"

djXfv5o.jpg

EDIT 1:

"BaldSpot Returns"

UojIxbn.jpg

"A New Storey"

6CSE1Po.jpg

EDIT 2:

"Warehouse Massacre"

YhmRshD.jpg

EDIT 3:

"Locally Grown"

T7lbkqq.jpg

EDIT 4:

"Pizza Whirled Friday"

Bx5MD8s.jpg

EDIT 5:

"Painting the Neighborhood"

okotS1Q.jpg

EDIT 6:

"Coffee Rush"

WCfgxUN.jpg

(...That's all I got...)

dVWx0mJ.gif

Let the contest begin!

I figured this one might be worthy of "accurately summing up Daily PZ Life".

Story behind it:

I was minding my own business in my safehouse eating the last of my perishables when I heard a rogue wondering zombie banging on the window. O.k no problem, its only one zombie after all! Little did I know that the zombie would successfully break the window, thus creating a large smash and drawing in zombies from the surrounding area. Next thing I know the undead are flooding through the main entrance to my house while the rear exit is hastily becoming habited by disturbed and angry zombies, denying my immediate escape. I had only two options: Hide in my bedroom and hope they get drawn away, or fight and risk my life but with the possibility of saving my house.

With UI:

2mop4co.png

Without UI:

5yafbo.png

UPDATE:

DAMN MY MISERABLE LIFE !

Literally after I just posted these I heard a helicopter overhead. It turns out the battle was not to be won today.

vxerr6.png

65wvt2.png

5e8g9d.png

"A New Storey"

6CSE1Po.jpg

Hol-ee Crap, that is great! I am actually staying in the same house and have planned to craft some stairs to go to the top but this is incredible. Well done!

btw, where did you get all that wood from? who gives you wood? :P