How "Take Pill" Action works?

DarkKreepe

Hi everyone. Please, can you help me with the context menu for my custom pills? 

I cant understad how work a "Take Pill" action for vanilla Painkillers...

This is code of my item

item AspirinBottle
	{
		Weight				=	0.1,
		Type				=	Drainable,
		UseDelta			=	0.02,
		DisplayName			=	Bottle of aspirin pills,
		Icon				=	OZMoreMeds_Aspirin500mg,
		Tooltip 			= 	Tooltip_Painkillers,
		UseWhileEquipped	=	FALSE,

}

I tried to make a custom context menu but my lua script still not working... 

Edited by DarkKreepe

Vanilla action for it is hardcoded into Java as far as I can tell. Base game meds existed long before .lua modding was easily doable.

There are ways to do it easily by using crafting, which I can make you a template for it if you want but to replicate the effect of base game meds would be a tad more difficult I imagine.

Edited by Svarog

9 hours ago, Svarog said:

Vanilla action for it is hardcoded into Java as far as I can tell. Base game meds existed long before .lua modding was easily doable.

There are ways to do it easily by using crafting, which I can make you a template for it if you want but to replicate the effect of base game meds would be a tad more difficult I imagine.

O my hero! I need your help! :-D

btw can you help me with this function?

JustTookPill(InventoryItem Pill)

I found it in ISTakePillAction.lua (TimedActions in lua folder)

At least I need a example ...

Edited by DarkKreepe

Well, not really medicine but you could use this as a template for medicine.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3gemu3104rcx03g/SVGTestMod.zip

What this is is a drainable bottle of Whiskey that isn't classified as food, doesn't have any of the typical food item stuff in the script, it applies the status effect through a lua call, the Drink action itself is actually a crafting recipe that produces a dummy item that is then removed.

It's not the best way to implement such things I'm sure but it works for me.

Edit: By the way, it doesn't replace the base whiskey and it doesn't spawn at all, you need to use NecroForge or something that can spawn an item via a console command or something to spawn it for yourself, I was too lazy to create a distribution script for a template :S

Edited by Svarog

6 hours ago, Svarog said:

Well, not really medicine but you could use this as a template for medicine.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3gemu3104rcx03g/SVGTestMod.zip

What this is is a drainable bottle of Whiskey that isn't classified as food, doesn't have any of the typical food item stuff in the script, it applies the status effect through a lua call, the Drink action itself is actually a crafting recipe that produces a dummy item that is then removed.

It's not the best way to implement such things I'm sure but it works for me.

Edit: By the way, it doesn't replace the base whiskey and it doesn't spawn at all, you need to use NecroForge or something that can spawn an item via a console command or something to spawn it for yourself, I was too lazy to create a distribution script for a template :S

Svarog, many thanks! In gratitude, I will write about you in my mod. For example, the drug "Svarog". :grin:

Edited by DarkKreepe