Jacksay

Hi,

I think it wil more realistic if start house where player pop contain items that match with choosen profession. For example, a cook's house contain knife, more food and dedicated recipes and books for cooking. Same for farmer, etc... I think it's possible because i have already see thematic house (electrician house, carpentry house, farmer house).

Thank

I guess it would make sense if it was your house, but keep in mind that it never clearly states that it is.

Besides, what about when you start somewhere that isn't a house?

Anyway, I'd kinda like this, but it might be confusing some professions. What does a burglar have in their home? Or someone who is unemployed? I guess you could just put in the usual random stuff.

As an extension, I think it'd be cool if this applied to all houses. It's a lot more immersive when you look in someone's shed and find a fishing rod, some line and some tackle, in comparison to finding a box of paperclips, some wood glue and a magazine on how to use a generator. You get more of an idea of who lived there, and I know the devs care about immersion. Why else would you find dead bodies carrying empty cartons of bleach?

You do good remark,

For thematic house, i agree with you, it's more immersive, and that not exlude a more neutral house.

For burglar, i'm not, but i think crowbar and book like "How to diable an alarm" is a right way :) and some stuff for pick a lock (missing trait for burglar i think).

(Note : Start house is generally your, you have key and you can close door. :P)

Awesome, +1.. I like it.. Also cool if they also give you a vehicle when they release those. Say you got a police cruiser outside or one of those little rapid response fire jeeps. If its to unbalanced, then you can just give it a dead battery and repair needed effects. So that way.. its your car, you just need to fix it and come back. 

A bit off topic, but I'd like an extension of this to the individual storage items. I find it a bit confusing and immersion breaking when you look in a kitchen cupboard and find a fork, can of soup, trash bag and seeds. Who would store these together?

Items should be stored with other items of their type, or items related to their use. For example. one kitchen cupboard might hold most of the cans and also a can-opener. Another one has cutlery, mugs and bowls. Coffee, tea and sugar being found in the same spot. Frying pans with baking trays and pots.

This doesn't have to be a hard and fast rule, after all not everyone is organised. But it would be more convenient and make more sense.

Also some items need to be more numerous and found together. I mean, who has a single garbage bag in a random cupboard? Most people would have roles of at least 10 or so.

And the worst offender... TEABAGS! Who in the world has a single teabag stored in a cupboard? WHO?!

Erm, again sorry for off topic, but I think it needs to be said :P