Metalworking *spoilers*

Zorak

2 hours ago, Moose65 said:

How about putting a key machine (that requires electricity) in the hardware shop. Make the blank keys extremely common inside it. Then the players can take it, and as long as they have electricity, make keys with it.

Its more immersive then having to drag zombies into the house one by one to loot keys for multiple people for a house. I would even suggest putting in doorknob kits in the hardware store (that come with a key). Right now its kinda weird that if you want a key to a place, you need to drag zombies inside a house, kill them, then hope for a key.

Edit: As a side note, I see people posting about shields and such. It would be kinda cool if you could find riot gear in the police station as a rare loot. Shields could perhaps passively boost defense while equipped, but only allow 1H weapons.

Edit Edit: You could also place a key machine in the mall, as department stores have them as well.

Man i would love to be able to replicate keys.

Thats a great idea, but how hard is to use a key machine?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Blasted_Taco said:

Man i would love to be able to replicate keys.

Thats a great idea, but how hard is to use a key machine?

Very very easy. The machines have instructions listed on them. Most keys use a common cut, so you simply put the blank in, put the key to be cut, and press a button. Having cut keys for awhile with these machines, honestly anyone could do it.

1 minute ago, Moose65 said:

Very very easy. The machines have instructions listed on them. Most keys use a common cut, so you simply put the blank in, put the key to be cut, and press a button. Having cut keys for awhile with these machines, honestly anyone could do it.

Then it could be added as just machinery in predetermined places and the need to use a generator to light them up?

Just now, Blasted_Taco said:

Then it could be added as just machinery in predetermined places and the need to use a generator to light them up?

yeah, and you wouldn't have any problems taking them to a different place, so they could be looted.