I am starting to feel guilty about this game

grubolsch

696 hours spent playing PZ. I purchased the game for $15 (lets not count the other copies I bought for friends/family). That's now $0.02/hour!!!! (also lets not count my electricity rates :) )

Seriously, find a better entertainment value than $0.02/hour!! I can't even walk for that cost. I wear out my shoes at a more expensive rate!

For guys like me, who grew up in the 90s its normal to pay ONCE for game and then have tons of hours of gameplay. For a Game that was finished = v1.0

Interesting thread also, because talks about commercial aspects of computer games seem always to be a taboo, private secret, very sensitive, controversial.

To be honest, why asking to commerialize more aspects of this game, without first questioning how many copys of this game are sold every month?

Would the devs even tell you about their income?

26 minutes ago, Snorrsenkel said:

For guys like me, who grew up in the 90s its normal to pay ONCE for game and then have tons of hours of gameplay. For a Game that was finished = v1.0

Interesting thread also, because talks about commercial aspects of computer games seem always to be a taboo, private secret, very sensitive, controversial.

To be honest, why asking to commerialize more aspects of this game, without first questioning how many copys of this game are sold every month?

Would the devs even tell you about their income?

I hope they make a lot of money :)  i also know old games have that 1 time pay and enjoy for a long time but in this time its a rare occurance. With so much available entertainment alternatives in the market making me spend 60 hours ( much more if offline time is counted since here internet isnt very fast so i tend to play in offline mode)  in the last 2 month of me buying this is a feat . I am still strongly attached to the game btw and plan to follow bro Hydro shining example and continue developing mods for the game for a long loong time

Btw ill show my support for this game once i hit 6 month by buying another copy from GoG. Gunna use that one for the gaming and this one for testing iwbums

Edited by ShuiYin

• 4 weeks later...

You know this game, it's been a lot of fun for me and i did feel guilty about playing all this greatalicious fun without paying more, so i decided for christmas and i bought 5 of my friends this game, they still play with me to this day (P.S I have someone on steam friends list with 2,300 hours on this game!)

5 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

You know this game, it's been a lot of fun for me and i did feel guilty about playing all this greatalicious fun without paying more, so i decided for christmas and i bought 5 of my friends this game, they still play with me to this day (P.S I have someone on steam friends list with 2,300 hours on this game!)

nice hours. i'm over 2000, and i have a guy on my steam list with 5,262 hours.

and looking further down the steam list, i see Hydromancerx approaching the 2000 hour mark

and i feel bad too, having gotten SO MUCH fun for so little money spent.

Edited by syfy

On 3/17/2016 at 5:05 AM, grubolsch said:

It is weird to hope for - but I hope to someday in the future they will have like a paid supporter pack, where for example you could choose the name of an NPC in the game - I would do it in a heartbeat - I cannot think of a development team more worthy of the support.

If I remember correctly, there was a supporter's pack on Desura, back when the game was first released for sale. It was something like $50 or around that value at least. I am not sure if it's still available for purchase though.

Bought the game when it first came out on desura and have nearly 4 digit playtime on steam as well. Kind of embarrassing really... but I had been waiting for a game like this since the first time I saw dawn of the dead many decades ago.

So yeah, I got my moneys worth and then some. I've gifted the game to a lot of people and they love it too.

On 2016-04-17 at 7:57 AM, lemmy101 said:

Forums full of happy people feeling guilty and appreciative about what they paid instead of grumpy people who feel ripped off is reward enough. Beyond that gifting friends copies, and suggesting pz to streamers and youtubers is a great way to support the game. :)

Those haters must have a sad life, because few dev team have such a strong ethic and presence in the community as you guys.