I am starting to feel guilty about this game

grubolsch

I bought this game for 15-20 euro 2 years back I think, and spent now 255 hours in this game, and after the updates on the new resolution and animation it confirmed my feelings about this game: I am starting to feel like a leecher.

The amount of money I paid is in no way enough to compensate for so many hours of great fun - and now you are telling me that the game is becoming even better?

It is weird to hope for - but I hope to someday in the future they will have like a paid supporter pack, where for example you could choose the name of an NPC in the game - I would do it in a heartbeat - I cannot think of a development team more worthy of the support.

32 minutes ago, grubolsch said:

I bought this game for 15-20 euro 2 years back I think, and spent now 255 hours in this game, and after the updates on the new resolution and animation it confirmed my feelings about this game: I am starting to feel like a leecher.

The amount of money I paid is in no way enough to compensate for so many hours of great fun - and now you are telling me that the game is becoming even better?

It is weird to hope for - but I hope to someday in the future they will have like a paid supporter pack, where for example you could choose the name of an NPC in the game - I would do it in a heartbeat - I cannot think of a development team more worthy of the support.

Yea i felt something similar, even though i bought this game around the beginning of the year i feel that i have gotten more than my money worth in entertainment value :) currently at around 60 hours play time Lol still newbie compared to the others. 

Hiya all, long time no... forum! :-)

I'd also just like to say that, as far as I'm concerned, this game has probably been overhauled and polished up so many times that it feels like I've played multiple different games since its inception. I went on a hiatus ages ago to wait until the NPC update but... couldn't resist taking a peek again, and wow. So kudos to the devs for seemingly putting so much effort into this game!

+1

I bought this when it first hit steam and I think it was on sale. Maybe, maybe not... just never played it until recently and have already dropped like 150-200 hours into it. I'm not sure I paid enough for it.

If they raise the price, it may put off people who don't want to pay alot for an Indie. I also think micro transactions and most DLC are the work of evil greedy corporations which should be fire bombed with Molotov cocktails. But once you play the game you realize you got a golden deal. I'd support dropping another $10-$20 on this title if there was a Paypal link or something. 

Edited by Slice985

The game clearly is worth more than $15 even in it's incomplete state, it's already more complex than most.

How much more is open to interpretation. Apparently some vocal people got all dicked off because No Man's Sky is going to cost $60 and apparently they think that indie games "can't cost that much" so good luck finding a price that doesn't invite too many trolls. :)

Edited by BoogieMan

14 minutes ago, BoogieMan said:

The game clearly is worth more than $15 even in it's incomplete state, it's already more complex than most.

How much more is open to interpretation. Apparently some vocal people got all dicked off because No Man's Sky is going to cost $60 and apparently they think that indie games "can't cost that much" so good luck finding a price that doesn't invite too many trolls. :)

Luckily for No Man's Sky, its been riding the hype train for a long time now.

1 minute ago, AdricTheGreat said:

Yeah. Every time that I feel bad about how much I spend I buy additional copies and send them to people who don't have it. Spread the word. 

I must have spent almost 200 on additional copies. Every little bit helps. 

You sir... are much more intelligent then me. +1 to you.. I have some shopping to do. 

I like to think of myself as an early supporter and adopter. I paid money for a project that wasn't assured of success, in effect, a gamble. (In hindsight, I won the lottery on this one.) I can't say the same about every game I've been an early supporter of, in fact, quite a few I've felt downright ripped off on. Since my original backing for Project Zomboid, back on Desura, I've convinced 4 others to shell out money for it that I know personally, and I plug it pretty much every chance I get outside of these forums, so who knows how many others I've gotten to play. Because it is that good and I am that confident that it will be worth their money. That said, I can relate to the feeling, I've clocked in nearly 600 hours on Steam, and that doesn't include Desura's hours. Well worth my money certainly and certainly worth my time filling out bug reports and testing branches like IWBMS when I have time to do so, which here lately has been often enough. (This will change, its warming up outside; ugh, I like my winters.)

Before purchasing PZ i bought "Frozen State". Its very similar to PZ, top down survival game with monsters rather than zombies. Its an unknown game but i would highly suggest it, its updated regulary, and its very cheap.

I honestly didnt think a pixelated game like PZ could be any good, but the smartest thing they have done is releasing a free demo. Wish all games had this available.

5 min on free demo and i was purchasing full version.

1 hour ago, ld-airgrafix said:

5 min on free demo and i was purchasing full version.

Same here. Literally 5 minutes and i'd decided to buy it. Was a bit disappointed when i got the full version though :(

The demo was insane. I think the city was randomly generated, and it had a crazy feel to it, with houses next door to big business buildings. I remember climbing out my window and being in a big city surrounded by zombies, and it was awesome

When i got the game i was pretty disappointed with how things changed. It was still fun, but it wasn't as cool to me. They'd gone with a pre-made, set-up town, which felt boring in comparison. Muldraugh's just too mundane. It's depressing, like living in a real town. Even when they added West Point, it still didn't have the same feel.

By the sound of things, they're intending to get that original kind of feel with one of the cities (since they've been talking about high-rise buildings and stuff lately). So that'll be cool.

20 minutes ago, EllEzDee said:

Same here. Literally 5 minutes and i'd decided to buy it. Was a bit disappointed when i got the full version though :(

The demo was insane. I think the city was randomly generated, and it had a crazy feel to it, with houses next door to big business buildings. I remember climbing out my window and being in a big city surrounded by zombies, and it was awesome

When i got the game i was pretty disappointed with how things changed. It was still fun, but it wasn't as cool to me. They'd gone with a pre-made, set-up town, which felt boring in comparison. Muldraugh's just too mundane. It's depressing, like living in a real town. Even when they added West Point, it still didn't have the same feel.

By the sound of things, they're intending to get that original kind of feel with one of the cities (since they've been talking about high-rise buildings and stuff lately). So that'll be cool.

The city was hand made and constitued a 300 x 300 area. Nostaliga is a powerful thing, assuming we're talking 1.5d.

1 minute ago, EllEzDee said:

You mean the little place with a park in the middle and Kate + Baldspot? Different demo.

Not sure there was another one. 1.4c was the same thing. The current demo just starts you near Twiggy's in West Point. Could be wrong, though: I wasn't around in May - August 2011.