Timeline Questions

Slice985

I've been doing a lot of writing of in game stories. I've been a D&D ST for going on 20 years and I'm having a lot of fun making survivor stories. if anyone knows the answer to some questions I had I would appreciate it.

Is there an official timeline of events yet? For the fall of Louisville and Fort Knox? The official information takes place in 1993 I believe which means Valley Station was apart of Jefferson County rather then Louisville Metro which took it over in 2000s, and then Mulgraugh and West Point were both their own entities 

As for utilities, I know water and power are random in the game, but I meant as an official version?

I believe Westpoint and Muldraugh get their power from LG&E at Mill Creek, but there is also Nolin company in Radcliff and the water for West Point is purified there in West Point on Elm St. Muldraugh gets water from Fort Knox itself. 

The map itself is fairly barren, no signs of life or struggle, no cars, no tanks having lost tracks, or overrun barricades. I assume this may be added in later if at all. 

• 1 month later...

Water and power cut out at around a month, a believe. The radio isn't set to play recordings at a specific time, so the closest estimate to the fall of Louisville is around maybe six or five days. I actually don't remember ever seeing any broadcasts about Fort Knox being overrun, so i imagine it would be entirely possible just to write them as one of the last military holdouts.

You're correct about the map stuff, cars will be added in later.

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment the devs simply have to concentrate on game mechanics and bug-squashing and features lest they shoot themselves in the foot by adding or changing something that makes all their hard work on the map obsolete. I personally don't think that we'll be seeing attempts at creating the proper post-apocalyptic atmosphere on the official map until NPC's make their appearance, if not later.

As much as I agree with you that the current state of affairs is rather immersion-shattering, right now if you want a map that properly looks the part you'll have to either make your own or look to the few usermade maps. I highly recommend "Drayton" (Rebuild) in this regard.

Archived