Endeavor - A Voxel-Based MMO

ToastMobile

Hey now, come on .How can we take a game with a blogspot site as it's official site seriously?

It's like the 'indie' developers that have their official game sites as a facebook page - not just completely unprofessional, but it also reduces expectations of much of a player-based community.

The game itself looks.... exactly like almost every other voxel-based game made by indie devs since Minecraft.

And I don't mean that in a 'what a shit game' kind of a way either, I mean it as in 'tell us more, how do you stand out from every other similar game on the market' manner.

Looks like you're well on the way to having the graphics engine developed, what's next on the menu?

(Edit: Sorry, I re-read and saw that link is to your development blog, got a link to your official site?)

Thanks for your feedback! We don't have an official site up yet because we're gathering more content first, but it's definitely on the agenda. With what we have planned and are working on, this game won't just be a clone of something else. I'll be updating the blog soon to give a more detailed view of the game's concept and where it's headed. 

- Tobey

I'd assume, Realm, that it's likely just a blogspot right now because that's their first post, ever. It looks like they're just getting started, and most people don't have the capital right at the beginning to just throw up a professionally made website and such. I'm going to wait and see what our good friend here tells us about the future of the game before making any judgement calls (-;

It looks very interesting and like it has a lot of potential for fun. I will agree with Realmkeeper on some points though- it's not very unique right now. That's not necessarily a bad thing- you can make an excellent game that's a blast to play that's not very unique. But, if you're interested in hitting it off big (as they say) I would take a long think about what you can do to separate yourself from the many voxel-based games coming along right now.

Another possible critique I see you getting is that everything you can written down on your 'gameplan' could be accomplished in Minecraft via some Command Block use. People may question your decision to use a different engine if you don't branch out a bit more.

All in all, though, it sounds like it's shaping up to be a very fun experience. Keep us up to date, and we wish you the best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Looking good in your new video!

There's something missing, or not quite looking like it feels right though - I'm not sure if it's the lack of lighting/shadows, or the slippery slidey movement of the other characters (it still looks like they're moving on ice wearing skates).

The rockets look good though, love the smoke trails behind them :D

Looking good in your new video!

There's something missing, or not quite looking like it feels right though - I'm not sure if it's the lack of lighting/shadows, or the slippery slidey movement of the other characters (it still looks like they're moving on ice wearing skates).

The rockets look good though, love the smoke trails behind them :D

Thanks for the feedback Realmkeeper! Yes, we're still working on the player animations and lighting/shadows. Hopefully our next video will include these!

• 1 month later...

We have completely redone the player's robot and will be using the old one as a digger that can be built to help with mining. This robot is equipped with a claw, drill, rocket launcher, and jetpack. Each of these can be upgraded, along with the hull, carrying capacity, and fuel type. Colors for your robot are also completely customizable.

1236823_219641094885660_1080036767_n.png

1526803_219641104885659_1307296672_n.png

1530430_219641101552326_1154122177_n.png

1504558_219641141552322_1831166431_n.png

1517411_219641148218988_1995932619_n.png

Blog Post: http://endeavorgame.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-robot.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...