IWBUMS: Build 34.13

EasyPickins

13 minutes ago, Strats said:

Just a quick question; my weight has been dropping a bit since I started on the IWBUMS branch. Is 80 the healthy weight we are trying to maintain, or is weight drop natural and expected?

Weight only starts to impact you when you get to around 30 kg, or over a hundred and something.

In the new build, pasta and rice that is prepared in a saucepan does not have an evolved recipe. (The crafting menu shows that only pot of pasta/rice can have ingredients added)

Also, the secondary equipped icon is offset to the right a little bit. 

Edited by Kim Jong Un

hey guys, I'm really asking the devs about this one. I'm trying to test this build 34.13 on the IWBUMS branch. Well, I love the new design, though I'm going to miss the old retro pixelated style. Well, my problem is that sometimes when I move the character, it goes slowed down, I mean he moves slowly, but the game itself it seems, zombies too. Like kinda of lag. For example, if I run all straight on the street there are small "slows" in the game like it is difficult for it to load the worl or something like that. My question is: I'm going to have the game like this for ever? I don't have the best PC in the world, and it would be a shame if this change in game would not allow players like me to keep in fact playing the game. Are big differences in "optimization"?

(sorry for my english, greetings from Argentina)

24 minutes ago, AngeloVolando said:

hey guys, I'm really asking the devs about this one. I'm trying to test this build 34.13 on the IWBUMS branch. Well, I love the new design, though I'm going to miss the old retro pixelated style. Well, my problem is that sometimes when I move the character, it goes slowed down, I mean he moves slowly, but the game itself it seems, zombies too. Like kinda of lag. For example, if I run all straight on the street there are small "slows" in the game like it is difficult for it to load the worl or something like that. My question is: I'm going to have the game like this for ever? I don't have the best PC in the world, and it would be a shame if this change in game would not allow players like me to keep in fact playing the game. Are big differences in "optimization"?

(sorry for my english, greetings from Argentina)

If the slow downs aren't being caused by a drop in FPS then its due to a quirk with the games engine, It try's to draw a frame slower that your GPU can process it or something along those lines. I've experienced this issue in the past when trying to play at 60FPS, if you change the FPS limiter in the option to 30FPS that should fix your problem. I've had this issue in the past but currently I've not got it, it seems to be temperamental and appears when it fancy's it, try fiddling with some of the option if you want higher than 30FPS that might fix it as well.

1 hour ago, Joshnpk said:

If the slow downs aren't being caused by a drop in FPS then its due to a quirk with the games engine, It try's to draw a frame slower that your GPU can process it or something along those lines. I've experienced this issue in the past when trying to play at 60FPS, if you change the FPS limiter in the option to 30FPS that should fix your problem. I've had this issue in the past but currently I've not got it, it seems to be temperamental and appears when it fancy's it, try fiddling with some of the option if you want higher than 30FPS that might fix it as well.

It seems like it was "Compression of Textures" I got in NO or something like that. Thanks man!

On 15/3/2016 at 2:51 AM, EasyPickins said:

IWBUMS 34.13:

• Fixed an exception when using the mousewheel in the main menu before the game started.
  • Fixed container capacity changing when moving objects.
  • Fixed freezer container being lost when moving objects.
  • Fixed wrong container capacity being displayed when clicking on objects in the world.
  • Fixed non-food items getting aged, which after enough time would cause them to have no texture (the game was trying to use the "rotten" texture which didn't exist).
  • Fixed farming sprites not showing in the context menu.
  • Fixed farming sprites for in-game plants.  There may be bugs here, it's a bit confusing.
  • Fixed some ??? tiles when importing old savefiles.
  • Fixed disappearing items and weight capacity possibly being exceeded when spawning items.
  • Fixed making bowls of pasta/rice giving a Pot instead of a Saucepan.
  • Fixed being able to move a combination fridge+freezer when the freezer wasn't empty, losing items in the freezer.
  • Fixed ProjectZomboid.exe argument handling.
  • Fixed items in a freezer not being placed on the ground after destroying a combination fridge + freezer.
  • Fixed vertical sprite position after moving objects with the 2x tiles.
  • Fixed teleporting to the staircase above when one staircase is directly above another (actually it still happens sometimes, will fix later).
  • Fixed radio tile properties causing floating radios, and Makeshift turning into non-Makeshift when placed.
  • Crates can now be moved with the furniture-moving commands.  When building new crates, the height is chosen automatically (no need to use the R key).  Currently, this allows stacking crates on top of tables as well, although that might change.  Destroying crates lower in a stack should cause the higher crates to drop down.
  • Fixed the new lighting system not "spotting rooms" properly.  This prevented spawning of indoor zombies and generators.
  • Fixed black screen after a coop player died and respawned, caused by the lighting system not handling the new player's position in the world.
  • Fixed 3D models flickering on/off in coop.
  • Fixed massive memory leak with sprites. The Redboid server had 21GB of unreleased sprites after running for a day.
  • Fixed right-clicking not detecting players or corpses with the 2x tiles.
  • Fixed black fridge having 20 freezer capacity
  • Fixed the appearance of grime below windows (so it matches adjacent walls).
  • Changed some nutrition numbers
  • Updated left side icons to non-pixelized ones
  • Fixed unlucky trait giving some times more loots

Little question : Does this work for the Rain Collector Barrels too ?

I'm trying to make a mod to convert Trash bins into Rain Collector Barrels and with my very limited lua/java skills, I'll just be able to make a simple recipe so you pickup a trashbin, convert it to a rain barrel with a simple recipe, and then place the crafted barrel from your inventory. Not that I don't want to, but digging through carpentry code scares me. I'd prefer the simple recipe solution :(

15 hours ago, EvaN said:

Little question : Does this work for the Rain Collector Barrels too ?

I'm trying to make a mod to convert Trash bins into Rain Collector Barrels and with my very limited lua/java skills, I'll just be able to make a simple recipe so you pickup a trashbin, convert it to a rain barrel with a simple recipe, and then place the crafted barrel from your inventory. Not that I don't want to, but digging through carpentry code scares me. I'd prefer the simple recipe solution :(

I've changed it so Rain Collector Barrels can be moved (as long as there is no water in them).

On 2016. 03. 19. at 0:43 AM, EasyPickins said:

I've changed it so Rain Collector Barrels can be moved (as long as there is no water in them).

With the addition of furniture moving, using bins seems like a viable option to collect rain water :) Especially if you are just a stupid burger flipper, this is the first thing that would come to my mind for sure :D just a simple solution, plus it would make nomad style roaming a bit more viable after water shutdown, as you could refill your bottles from bins - problem is that you cant keep them to be containers then right?

Edited by Wolfihunter_prey

I just stumbled over something while working on the PZ Map:

The Tiles vegetation_trees* are missing in all current Tiles*pack files, which causes the PZ Map to not have any trees and bushes and other things. It looks a bit... desolate :-(

Are these in another file I've been missing? Have they been removed? Am I going crazy?

In my current playthrough the power finally went out so I went to fire up my generator and it wouldn't power anything but my lamps. The fridges stay dead as do the overhead lights turned on with switches... My base is the knox bank in muldraugh so might just be an issue with that building, I'll have to experiment some more before I file a bug report.

EDIT: did some more testing and generators are indeed broken. While fridges DO cool items they make no sound until you walk far enough away that the area reloads and overhead lights continue to be unusable even after that. Was this a balance change to make using lamps required? If so you get a thumbs up from me, just fix the fridges not making sound until you leave the area.

Edited by zomboid123

On 3/18/2016 at 2:33 PM, Joshnpk said:

Can the devs get on this?
Can it even be fixed?

6 hours ago, zomboid123 said:

In my current playthrough the power finally went out so I went to fire up my generator and it wouldn't power anything but my lamps. The fridges stay dead as do the overhead lights turned on with switches... My base is the knox bank in muldraugh so might just be an issue with that building, I'll have to experiment some more before I file a bug report.

EDIT: did some more testing and generators are indeed broken. While fridges DO cool items they make no sound until you walk far enough away that the area reloads and overhead lights continue to be unusable even after that. Was this a balance change to make using lamps required? If so you get a thumbs up from me, just fix the fridges not making sound until you leave the area.

My refrigerator was destroyed in a recent zombie attack, but I couldn't get my generator to power it while it was there.  Currently with my generator connected I can't turn anything on, not even lamps.  I have 40% fuel in it, connected (got the book and all), and have it turned on and humming happily.

I'm on IWBUMS beta.

Do you perhaps have 0 points into electrical, and only have the generator connected through the skill book? I do- not sure if that matters/ is bugged, just looking around.

Edited by Quigleyer

1 minute ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The fix is setting your FPS limiter to something that works, such as 30 FPS. The game's happy-zone really is 30 FPS on most systems.

Yes. but what if we have the capable hardware and wish to play on 60fps? 
I know that fixes it, but games at 60fps just feel so much crisper and reponsive. especially in a game like this where you need such fast reflexes to not gain an eventually fatal strike or whathaveyou

6 hours ago, LeetgamerBoi said:

I know that fixes it, but games at 60fps just feel so much crisper and reponsive. especially in a game like this where you need such fast reflexes to not gain an eventually fatal strike or whathaveyou

If you can't play it at 60 FPS, I hate to say it, but your hardware might not be capable. :/ The game preserves the number of frames within an aniimation: if your system lags behind, the animations then lag. This is due partially to complaints back when the game would skip these animations: people didn't make the connection that their computer was being taxed.

Mind, I really do think the last level of zoom should be removed. For some reason that one extra click of the sroll buton does drop the FPS quite a bit.

6 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

If you can't play it at 60 FPS, I hate to say it, but your hardware might not be capable. :/ The game preserves the number of frames within an aniimation: if your system lags behind, the animations then lag. This is due partially to complaints back when the game would skip these animations: people didn't make the connection that their computer was being taxed.

Mind, I really do think the last level of zoom should be .For some reason that one extra click of the sroll buton does drop the FPS quite a bit.

I think the last two levels of zoom should be removed, both of those levels cause the grass and trees etc to look blurry, it puts this blurry haze on all the grass etc, is rather annoying. How about making an option where you have lets say 7 check boxes, each one relates to the various levels of zoom, if you uncheck box 5 lets say then it will remove zoom level 5 from your game so you go straight from level 4 to level 6. This would let everyone customize the level of zoom to there liking, I personally would like to just have level 2, level 5 and level 7. no more fiddling about trying to get the right level of zoom then.

14 hours ago, LeetgamerBoi said:

Some people get this when Vsync is on in the game, or being forced through their GPU control panel.

Another thing you can try is to turn on texture compression, or set "Double-sized textures" = No in the options.

6 hours ago, Joshnpk said:

I think the last two levels of zoom should be removed, both of those levels cause the grass and trees etc to look blurry, it puts this blurry haze on all the grass etc, is rather annoying. How about making an option where you have lets say 7 check boxes, each one relates to the various levels of zoom, if you uncheck box 5 lets say then it will remove zoom level 5 from your game so you go straight from level 4 to level 6. This would let everyone customize the level of zoom to there liking, I personally would like to just have level 2, level 5 and level 7. no more fiddling about trying to get the right level of zoom then.

Great idea, I like to use zoom 1 to look at my character and stuff when I am in houses or in combat, It will be essential for when the new animation system is in place along with clothing/backpacks and hopefully at some point real character creation. Like you said I only use 1,2,3 zoom levels so hopefully the blurry effect will get fixed soon-ish.

1 hour ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Great idea, I like to use zoom 1 to look at my character and stuff when I am in houses or in combat, It will be essential for when the new animation system is in place along with clothing/backpacks and hopefully at some point real character creation. Like you said I only use 1,2,3 zoom levels so hopefully the blurry effect will get fixed soon-ish.

I hope they add this zoom option, as sad as it sounds it's one of the things I've wanted most for quite a long time hahaha