IWBUMS: Build 34.13

EasyPickins

IWBUMS 34.13:

• Fixed an exception when using the mousewheel in the main menu before the game started.
  • Fixed container capacity changing when moving objects.
  • Fixed freezer container being lost when moving objects.
  • Fixed wrong container capacity being displayed when clicking on objects in the world.
  • Fixed non-food items getting aged, which after enough time would cause them to have no texture (the game was trying to use the "rotten" texture which didn't exist).
  • Fixed farming sprites not showing in the context menu.
  • Fixed farming sprites for in-game plants.  There may be bugs here, it's a bit confusing.
  • Fixed some ??? tiles when importing old savefiles.
  • Fixed disappearing items and weight capacity possibly being exceeded when spawning items.
  • Fixed making bowls of pasta/rice giving a Pot instead of a Saucepan.
  • Fixed being able to move a combination fridge+freezer when the freezer wasn't empty, losing items in the freezer.
  • Fixed ProjectZomboid.exe argument handling.
  • Fixed items in a freezer not being placed on the ground after destroying a combination fridge + freezer.
  • Fixed vertical sprite position after moving objects with the 2x tiles.
  • Fixed teleporting to the staircase above when one staircase is directly above another (actually it still happens sometimes, will fix later).
  • Fixed radio tile properties causing floating radios, and Makeshift turning into non-Makeshift when placed.
  • Crates can now be moved with the furniture-moving commands.  When building new crates, the height is chosen automatically (no need to use the R key).  Currently, this allows stacking crates on top of tables as well, although that might change.  Destroying crates lower in a stack should cause the higher crates to drop down.
  • Fixed the new lighting system not "spotting rooms" properly.  This prevented spawning of indoor zombies and generators.
  • Fixed black screen after a coop player died and respawned, caused by the lighting system not handling the new player's position in the world.
  • Fixed 3D models flickering on/off in coop.
  • Fixed massive memory leak with sprites. The Redboid server had 21GB of unreleased sprites after running for a day.
  • Fixed right-clicking not detecting players or corpses with the 2x tiles.
  • Fixed black fridge having 20 freezer capacity
  • Fixed the appearance of grime below windows (so it matches adjacent walls).
  • Changed some nutrition numbers
  • Updated left side icons to non-pixelized ones
  • Fixed unlucky trait giving some times more loots

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

IWBUMS 34.13:

• Crates can now be moved with the furniture-moving commands.  When building new crates, the height is chosen automatically (no need to use the R key).  Currently, this allows stacking crates on top of tables as well, although that might change.  Destroying crates lower in a stack should cause the higher crates to drop down.

AT LAST!! Now I can finally re-arrange my Warehouse home without the need for a sledgehammer!!

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

IWBUMS 34.13:

• Fixed an exception when using the mousewheel in the main menu before the game started.
  • Fixed wrong container capacity being displayed when clicking on objects in the world.
  • Fixed non-food items getting aged, which after enough time would cause them to have no texture (the game was trying to use the "rotten" texture which didn't exist).
  • Fixed farming sprites for in-game plants.  There may be bugs here, it's a bit confusing.
  • Fixed disappearing items and weight capacity possibly being exceeded when spawning items.
  • Fixed being able to move a combination fridge+freezer when the freezer wasn't empty, losing items in the freezer.
  • Fixed items in a freezer not being placed on the ground after destroying a combination fridge + freezer.
  • Fixed teleporting to the staircase above when one staircase is directly above another (actually it still happens sometimes, will fix later).
  • Fixed radio tile properties causing floating radios, and Makeshift turning into non-Makeshift when placed.
  • Fixed the new lighting system not "spotting rooms" properly.  This prevented spawning of indoor zombies and generators.
  • Fixed black screen after a coop player died and respawned, caused by the lighting system not handling the new player's position in the world.
  • Fixed massive memory leak with sprites. The Redboid server had 21GB of unreleased sprites after running for a day.

How to update the game to 34.13 for a steam user? I just loggin my steam account but my PZ didn't automatically update to 34.13. It remains in 34.10.

12 hours ago, zomboid123 said:

Yay for being able to move freezers and stack crates! Do white industrial fridges have freezers now? They make up the bulk of fridges in restaurants and such in muldraugh.

I just checked, they do. They have the proper 20 freezer, same as the black one.

Also, are you guys planning to make Mac and Cheese act the same way the other noodle foods do? Because you can't eat mac and cheese out of the box, since it's dry noodles and then a cheese mix.

4 hours ago, Bilb0 said:

Don't know if this is a IWBUMS bug or not, but I have had zombies spawned in two safe houses in row today, both only had sheet rope entrances/exists.

That's likely because of the bug where rooms weren't being "spotted", which prevented zombies spawning indoors and prevented generators spawning in garages.  Now that it's fixed, you may get zombies and generators spawning in places you already visited.

it's really kicking ass tho.. had a break of several months from stable version and when I saw the I<3BUMS changelog the other day I knew I was gonna be playing again.

almost forgot, had a crash too, log is attached.  bad pointer is bad.

edit: i'm on a Win 10 WDK machine, if you know how to disable Java's crash handling I can get you better information (-Xrs apparently) ...or better yet catch it yourself in c++ and print a stack walk to a log file, cuz this thing isn't terribly useful.

hs_err_pid132.log

Edited by xenoglyph
crash log, love of bums

On 15/3/2016 at 8:51 AM, EasyPickins said:

IWBUMS 34.13:

Nice now we can move those crates :) thanks for the awesome update

btw i since now things fall down when you move what is under it will it also do that to other items on top of furnitures too?

also can you move rain barrels now?

I just felt the need to say loving the moving crates. You just saved me a lot of time with a sledgehammer! 

Relatively minor for most people I think, but some of the challenge maps are having the ??? issues, I realize that's a significant workload, but I wanted to be sure to say something about it. As for the farming sprites for in-game plants, is that to do with some of the new plants that I've seen? I wasn't sure if they were suppose to be 'real' farming plants something we could harvest. (IE: Forage them)

8 hours ago, zomboid123 said:

Is rice infinite? It doesn't seem to have a bar that decreases as you make pots of rice. I made like 15 pots of rice and the bag is still truckin on.

I'm pretty sure in real life you could make more than just 15 pots of rice from 1 full bag of rice but I would imagine there would be some kind of green stat bar to show how much is remaining. Definitely something worth investigating.

I am hosting a non-steam server for a small group of friends and myself.

We noticed that quite a lot of things always disappear, even the farms, and buildings.

Please fix them as it's quite game breaking right now.

Edited by Ronarch
Supplement

5 hours ago, Pyrolite said:

I'm pretty sure in real life you could make more than just 15 pots of rice from 1 full bag of rice but I would imagine there would be some kind of green stat bar to show how much is remaining. Definitely something worth investigating.

Well they definitely run out. I created a new world with the intention of seeing just how many pots you could make and this one was obviously a partial bag because it ran out after six pots. A green usage bar would be nice.

2 hours ago, Ronarch said:

We noticed that quite a lot of things always disappear, even the farms, and buildings.

Please read this: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Please also note the warning at the top of the IWBUMS how-to-access thread; report and help us fix bugs, don't complain that they're there! We expect bugs in the alpha build of an alpha game ;)

4 hours ago, Ronarch said:

Possibly you aren't shutting the server down properly.  Type /quit as admin in chat or type quit in the server console window.  You can also /save at any time if you have spent a lot of time in one area building stuff.  Also, the SaveWorldEveryMinutes=N server option can be set to save the world every N minutes.