New animation video, HOLY &%!$

MadDan

Holy &%!$, holy &%!$ holy &%!$. Did that Sheriff YAWN and stretch after coming out the house?! Are there no limits to what we can achieve!? Seriously, these animations are amazing, especially the combat. Who gets a kiss for this amazing work? No, I love all of you, seriously this is amazing stuff. I knew I was excited but :-o. Watch for yourself in this Mondoid! Well done TIS.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2016/03/re-animator/

Mainly Martin <3 however this is one of the only things I can ever comfortably admit working on since it's also required for the NPCs so will gladly take credit for the code implementation of the new anim system. Also Binky is as ever instrumental to anything character model related. Also Mash for her extensive work making the entire world 2x which makes a monumental difference to the resolution of the characters. This video wouldn't be close to as impressive if that wasn't in.

Group effort :D But it all starts with Martin's anims.

I know. :D People now have their Rick Grimes clothes for being a Sheriff, and the hat too. 

Hang on, did I see a zombie... without an arm? at 1:27 right below the yellow road marking? Yes I did, there's one at the top too in a red top. That's just amazing.

Edited by MadDan2013

Hats.... HATS.... HAAAAATS!!!

As we all know well (from TF2), if there's one thing that's a pivotal element for the success of ANY game with an Online Multiplayer is the addition of TONS OF IN-GAME HATS, and this video certainly fills the quota!

Now all we need is a small fix to the food system that makes the Sandwiches start regenerating health and making you STROOONK like they should. :P

While this looks really awesome, I'm more curious about the performance bump with this. Did the specs just go up? If so, how much? Curious if anyone who has played with these new animations noticed any FPS difference in a before/after. 

Yeah this Mondoid and the one about the 2x Resolution (Mash's Secret Mission) have told me that I need to take a step back from PZ and return in a few months when more awesome stuff like this has been implemented into the base game. Honestly, I love this game so much that I wanna enjoy the full thing and not get burnt out before (although that has not happened in my 202 hours). That, and I have a lot to do in real life now haha.

The only note I have in the way of criticism regarding the video is that now that the game is twice the resolution, just a little bit of extra detail is needed in the textures of these models to keep it from looking like "Little Panda Fighter" EDIT: I looked at the video again and it turns out the detail is there. I guess maybe it needs just a little bit more blending with the environment? I think shadows on the model is what I'm looking for. Otherwise, I LOVE it!!! The zombies feel more there and animated (no pun intended, honestly man...). The player character feels a bit more human now too, as opposed to a wooden action figure! I can't wait to see these changes in the game! I'll be back once Creative and the Animations drop, so look out for me!

I'm hoping we can still mix and match tops/bottoms/jackets and clothing we find off of zeds and stuff. Now my firefighter character can dress for the part!

(Idea: have 'professional zed' spawn outside of their suggested area as well, but to a much smaller amount)

15 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

That is friggin' sweet. I liked the stabby pike thing too. A lot of exciting improvements lately. :)

I think that's the wood spear you make with a tree branch and knife.

6 hours ago, King Kitteh said:

When he tripped though... There was so much blood. It's probably just because of the default blood splatter being large, but darn, thazza sharp fence.

I saw the blood, too, but I couldn't tell if it was from the player's spill or if the blood was there already.

5 hours ago, Saureco said:

I think that's the wood spear you make with a tree branch and knife.

I saw the blood, too, but I couldn't tell if it was from the player's spill or if the blood was there already.

I knew I should have tried foraging more.

22 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I'm hoping we can still mix and match tops/bottoms/jackets and clothing we find off of zeds and stuff. Now my firefighter character can dress for the part!

(Idea: have 'professional zed' spawn outside of their suggested area as well, but to a much smaller amount)

I'm sure that'll happen, without the need to spawn. They'll probably wander around the map from other zombies drawing them, just one or two outside the area, not miles away (even though it'd be fine, either their human self wandered off or their zombie self wandered off).

Well, maybe even then so, you can choose with your profession (I am ALWAYS a doctor, self-roleplay reasons and I want my medical skills high) that you want the professions clothing or to have normal clothing, maybe for me having the profession clothing on will choose where I spawn. Maybe with the special clothes, I (If this is too direct just to get medical supplies, maybe have a chance) will spawn at a medical place like a clinic, practitioner's office, or hospital (maybe Pharmahug) and with normal clothing I just spawn in the usual boring house.  

• 1 month later...