Re-Animator Mondoid discussion thread

Batsphinx

On 4/3/2016 at 0:10 PM, Livio Persemprio said:

Small question: is the zombie's grab animation ready? I really need them to be able to grab me, it will add so much to the overall challenge :D

18 hours ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

That's would be great, It would make killing zombies less of a chore and more of a threat. I just hope there is a way to get out of it.

What? Zombies ALREADY grab you. You know when you slow down when really close to them, that's them holding onto you. If you've ever been snuck up on from behind and can't run away, that's the zombies grabbing you.

Animations would be nice to show what's happening, but the feature is already in.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, King Kitteh said:

What? Zombies ALREADY grab you. You know when you slow down when really close to them, that's them holding onto you. If you've ever been snuck up on from behind and can't run away, that's the zombies grabbing you.

Animations would be nice to show what's happening, but the feature is already in.

We meant an animation for it so you cant just slowly move through them

18 hours ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

It would make killing zombies less of a chore and more of a threat.

This is the part that gave me that idea. I didn't get how adding an animation would make zombies more dangerous. Are they so well animated that they mesmerize your player and you can't move?

2 hours ago, King Kitteh said:

That's not completely accurate.

Zombies can somehow grab, but they still do it not quite in the right way, you can literally run through a horde if you're not that unlucky, that's why i wish for a fix, and Also the devs are adding the sprint animation that lets you run over zeds and make them fall, wich will make the actual grab even more useless, but that's just my opinion

46 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

That's not completely accurate.

Zombies can somehow grab, but they still do it not quite in the right way, you can literally run through a horde if you're not that unlucky, that's why i wish for a fix, and Also the devs are adding the sprint animation that lets you run over zeds and make them fall, wich will make the actual grab even more useless, but that's just my opinion

You need to be close to them for a little bit in order of them to grab. If you run past it makes sense that they can't react fast enough. It's not really luck, you'll only get grabbed if you are foolish and wander too close.

4 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

You need to be close to them for a little bit in order of them to grab. If you run past it makes sense that they can't react fast enough. It's not really luck, you'll only get grabbed if you are foolish and wander too close.

That would be the case, but you can actually run through a horde with no specific skills or trait at the moment, it takes no effort

Just now, Livio Persemprio said:

That would be the case, but you can actually run through a horde with no specific skills or trait at the moment, it takes no effort

Must have been a pretty small horde then, or loosely packed. because with tight knitted hordes you'll get body blocked and then grabbed.

I don't run through hordes often though, so it might need some balancing. Although I don't see what kind of trait would help with that. The nimble skill should probably help, but I can't imagine a trait that would.

32 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

Must have been a pretty small horde then, or loosely packed. because with tight knitted hordes you'll get body blocked and then grabbed.

I don't run through hordes often though, so it might need some balancing. Although I don't see what kind of trait would help with that. The nimble skill should probably help, but I can't imagine a trait that would.

Well, yes, i'm talking about medium sized hordes, but still it feels wrong to me, they should be able to grab me in the situation i'm trying to picture here

I don't run through hordes in SP, but in MP i'm actually disadvantaged if i don't run around all the time like i was high on cocaine, wich is a little sad to me

Edited by Livio Persemprio