Re-Animator Mondoid discussion thread

Batsphinx

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/14/2016 at 0:32 PM, silents429 said:

Okay so, am I alone when I feel like the 3D models are distracting against the background of the game here?

The animations are great, especially the combat related ones, but the contrast between the 3D models and the 2D background is an eye sore to me and it's all I can fixate one, and why even with my newer computer refuse to turn on the new models.

^

I agree with this because the 3D models no longer have a 3D filter, and they have no shadows or sharp, realistic, jagged edges on them which would make them look a little more realistic. They look cartoon-ish to me, but in a cheap way. Although the textures are great!

13 minutes ago, BayCon said:

^

I agree with this because the 3D models no longer have a 3D filter, and they have no shadows or sharp, realistic, jagged edges on them which would make them look a little more realistic. They look cartoon-ish to me, but in a cheap way. Although the textures are great!

Well when you see the guy trip on the fence he literally has no face texture at all, it's black hole in his eyes and mouth so I assume the textures and fully completed yet. Definitely I see a difference, don't know if it's their skin tone, how much more defined they look but there's definitely something. I'm sure we'll get used to them. Maybe it's because the new shaders are turned on in the game and they're not contrasted with it fully? Also their skin tone seems a bit off, especially the builder's. I'm using an old realistic skin tone mod so i hope it works with these changes, because it's the best I've found.

Edited by MadDan2013

4 hours ago, Kelefane said:

The Gas Mask has always represented something "apocalyptic" to people. You see authors for example of Zombie Apoc books sometimes use this Mask on book covers. Its also on Movie covers too (28 Weeks Later for example) and many others. 

So yeah, its associated and deeply embedded within Zombie lore in general. 

I don't disagree with you at all that it has always been something 'apocalyptic' for people.

However, under typical zombie lore (Brooks/Romero/Zomboid), why people think they will be of any value.

18 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

I don't disagree with you at all that it has always been something 'apocalyptic' for people.

However, under typical zombie lore (Brooks/Romero/Zomboid), why people think they will be of any value.

I guess its mainly for a "in case" type of situation where people don't know how the virus gets into ones system. But yeah, its always been associated with apocalypse type themes. The whole hazmat/gas mask attire and all that. I think there is some kind of deep seeded fear with the Gas Mask. Kind of like those Plague Doctor Masks from way back when. People dreaded to see folks in those, because it meant bad unknown things. 

Edited by Kelefane

Here's a really crap phone cam video of the new animation system running in Six Months Later, with ALL 100% 3D zombies and players, on an old laptop, a 1.8Ghz Duo with an Intel HD graphic card (unnumbered) that has zero shader support (aka can't even run 3D models at all in build 33/34). The reason I had to take a cam is because i doubt it could handle me recording footage on it the laptop's so doddery. Don't complain about the framing, it took me about an hour to find a spot where it worked in the light and I could balance my phone upright. :P

There are also a few bugs introduced by the software skin system so ignore any glitches you see. :P

1 hour ago, lemmy101 said:

Here's a really crap phone cam video of the new animation system running in Six Months Later, with ALL 100% 3D zombies and players, on an old laptop, a 1.8Ghz Duo with an Intel HD graphic card (unnumbered) that has zero shader support (aka can't even run 3D models at all in build 33/34). The reason I had to take a cam is because i doubt it could handle me recording footage on it the laptop's so doddery. Don't complain about the framing, it took me about an hour to find a spot where it worked in the light and I could balance my phone upright. :P

So this is proof that it'll still run on old machines really well. Good to know :) 

Or is that not a fair assessment? 

Edited by Kelefane

2 hours ago, Kelefane said:

Kind of like those Plague Doctor Masks from way back when. People dreaded to see folks in those, because it meant bad unknown things. 

You nailed it with that sentence. 

Also i think we might see gas masks anyway too, i mean with the whole brodcast saying about the toxins in the forest and some research going on, we might see some dead folk that were working there with their suits on.

1 hour ago, Strats said:

Maybe it's just the video quality, but did you guys change the shading/artwork of the zombies in this video from the previous video? They seem more natural now compared to the Mondoid.

No shaders mean no post processing of the texture's color.

Like someone spilled a bag of zombified skittles!

11 hours ago, Contre said:

More blood in the zombies please!

My issue with this, is that blood darkens/turns black after a while. Only way a Z should have bright red blood on them is when they freshly kill/eat someone. Otherwise, if they are just standing around for days/weeks/months, they shouldn't have any on them. 

On 20/3/2016 at 7:31 AM, Kelefane said:

Dark blood

My issue with this, is that blood darkens/turns black after a while. Only way a Z should have bright red blood on them is when they freshly kill/eat someone. Otherwise, if they are just standing around for days/weeks/months, they shouldn't have any on them. 

I think blood adds a decent amount of satisfactory, when you blow the brains of a zombie. Also what do you know about the zombie virus? Maybe it keeps the blood flowing, after all how could the body move? Maybe it completely reanimates the body, without the major function of the brain and cell regeneration, only the vital organs.

Decent video btw! I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on this new piece of animation system :D Will it also include the sneaking animations etc we all been hyped about?

13 minutes ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Cant wait to see my character with new animations get bloody from bashing a few zombie brains in. Pls release this soon-ish TIS

Fuck yes, no more room in hell style 

Also can't wait to see actual brain splatter and holes in the heads of all the piss poor targets that enter my line of sight >:D HARR

10 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Boy oh boy. This is the thing i wish more for this game. I can't wait.

Small question: is the zombie's grab animation ready? I really need them to be able to grab me, it will add so much to the overall challenge :D

That's would be great, It would make killing zombies less of a chore and more of a threat. I just hope there is a way to get out of it.

1 hour ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

That's would be great, It would make killing zombies less of a chore and more of a threat. I just hope there is a way to get out of it.

Good point.

Perhaps zombies hold you still for some seconds before to go for the kill?

In SP you could break free from a single zed ( or two of you're strong - none if you're weak)

And in MP  friends could break the grab before it's too late (but they'd risk to be grabbed themselves).

That's how i imagine it could work, but anything's fine as long as we have grabs *w*