Auto drink, slider for consumption

Heporlathic

When you posess a container full of water, the character automatically drinks it -

wouldn't it be better if you had to decide which fluid you'd like to drink?

I think it would make sense for strategically rationing your water supply.

Also a slider from 1% to 100% for the amount of food/fluid you want to take from an item would be awesome, with a

quick button to eat/drink everything.

Which also brings up the question why there is no consumption limit for food and drinks.

Ok, thx bye!

Edited by Heporlathic

On rationing your water: this is very much a personal belief, I've heard it from both sides of the survivalist community. No real consensus among experts.

I think it is safe to say that if you want to ration your water in project zomboid, the best way to do that is to only carry containers full of water that your willing to use to drink. If you've got a long term solution for your water needs, IE: Rain collectors, river water, or a well, your water supply isn't a big deal anymore. It is only that transition period that is rough.

What I meant with rationing was: Go on for as long as you can without drinking a drop of water.

Not wasting any of that precious liquid gold. Do you mean that survival experts are not sure

if it is good to wait out your thirst?

For the more nomadic playstyles its definetly a must to drink thoughtfully, as soon as the water shuts down/and even before

Cheerio

Edited by Heporlathic

On 3/18/2016 at 10:14 AM, Heporlathic said:

What I meant with rationing was: Go on for as long as you can without drinking a drop of water.

Not wasting any of that precious liquid gold. Do you mean that survival experts are not sure

if it is good to wait out your thirst?

For the more nomadic playstyles its definetly a must to drink thoughtfully, as soon as the water shuts down/and even before

Cheerio

I don't think that rationing water is actually very helpful. With food, your body has energy reserved in fat and muscle, so the only thing you're really rationing away is the feeling of being hungry and not being fat the whole time.

In the new IWBUMS rationing does not work like it used to. It's no longer "eat to get rid of moodle". If you play that way in the new IWBUMS you will survive, but you will become very thin and weak.

You'll die in a few days without water, so rationing doesn't really help.

I agree there should be a limit. Second, i totally see a point in having the set what to drink but not so much as how much to drink. If you drink 1% over a period of a long time or 100% over a short time, wouldn't you be filled the same either way. You would dehydrate the exact same speed so a slider seems a bit pointless. However i do see why you would think of the idea. Definitely useful in theory.