I did a few searches to see if this was brought up somewhere...

they yielded no results unless mentioned somewhere in a thread

that got off topic.

Thought it would be cool to put an item like a candle holder

so that we could place a candle on  a table or similar surface.

Just looking to bring some light into my boarded up house

after the electricity goes without opening a curtain and bringing

attention to myself.

Love the game

Damn man :-)

...what's the chance of that happening - same topic posted at almost same time

I'll delete my thread and place it here.

"Part of the charm of building a safehouse in a world of the undead, is the feeling of safety and warmness you get behind your barricaded doors and windows. But when the electricity goes out, it can get too dark to give a feeling of safety inside your little fort - unless of course you're sitting around with a candle or flashlight in your hands.

Therefore I propose:

Item: Candlestick. Can be placed on top of tables and drawers.

When you have a candle in your inventory (not bag), or (a lit) one equipped, you can right click on the candlestick and choose to place the candle in it.

You can then of course light the candle (if it isn't already) and extinguish it, and always right click on it to equip it back on.

The candle should make the room dimly illuminated.

Of course, candles can only burn for only six or so hours, then they might set things on... did we get fire back?

(although it should be possible to see on a mouseover tooltip how many hours of the candle is left)

What do you think?"

As you can see I think it's a great idea ;-)

I'm actually working on a mod that places pretty flickering minecraft style torches, but I can't seem to get it done :)

Ask for help amoung the modding community like Robo and those guy they done a lot of great things for the game that involves some quite in depth modding. I suggest getting the light files for the torch and working around them as staying on as they are placed on the ground. Look at campfire files and just look at what they have done. I'd like to help but I am a bit preoccupied

I'm actually working on a mod that places pretty flickering minecraft style torches, but I can't seem to get it done :)

Ask for help amoung the modding community like Robo and those guy they done a lot of great things for the game that involves some quite in depth modding. I suggest getting the light files for the torch and working around them as staying on as they are placed on the ground. Look at campfire files and just look at what they have done. I'd like to help but I am a bit preoccupied

Actually he already is kind of helping me. There's usually a small Robomat flavor about everything I do  :-D

I suggested something similar to this involving artificial battery powered candles on the old message board a long time back. I even talked about being able to place them around your safe house and having timers, so you don't need to worry about turning them on on a daily basis.

I give my full points to this idea. Since I've had long pause from the game, lots of things have changed, I had some challenges in first litting the candle, then I tried to find a way to put it on some table, turns out you can't. Let's make it happen!