How do YOU Play PZ?

Johnny

We all have a variation in the style we play PZ in...

Personally, I'm a very loud person. Right as the game starts, I grab the nearest kitchen knife and stab the death out of the dead! The only real time I'm quiet would be when I'm in an area heavily populated with enough zombies to sink a battleship.

What is your style in Project Zomboid? (Stealth, Nomad, Rambo etc.)

First thing I have done is check my surroundings. Find a place near town or in town that has good storage, room, multiple exits, some grass for crops. I don't really think much about defensibility except that it must have a second floor to abuse (Doesn't really seem very fair.,... Maybe if they imposed a weight limit for going up a sheet rope or You can't be encumbered or any arm injury prevents going up one. Or giving a sheet rope durability and it may break eventually if you keep using it) 

I spend the first bit gathering the necessary tools and clearing out any hordes of zombies in the area. I make it a priority to find a gun and kill everything so I have room to breath and carry heavy loads without worry. I walk the streets shouting hey hey hey and draw them out in the open or at least get them agitated. After that.. I plant some crops and then work on some defenses then try to find more bullets to keep the hordes away by clearing or misdirecting them. 

I am sneaky, quiet, and use diversionary tactics when possible. I generally kill any lone zeds I come across and generally use the "lure one away" tactic w/ packs of 6+. Usually this ends up w/ 2-4 of them following me forcing me to back up and move around to flank one or line up a good hit. I keep hitting any that come in range -(stout, lucky, and carrying an axe) to break up the pack, i.e. knock 'em down or possibly outright kill them. I establish bases and am careful about concentrating resources lest I be evicted from one. I also want to be farming as soon as possible -haven't fished in forever because I'm not in WP. Huh, there's a new goal: get to WP w/ my new character in a persistent world. He's at the Southern Tavern and the North farm (FULLY stocked) is both over run and fortified. Hm

Anyway, once I've determined what areas looted are currently clear thus providing an escape route, I'll be taking out the shotgun and molotovs. So, right now there are at least two areas of Muldraugh on fire - once I spawned into a burning house. I'm also really curious about how the game is working so I like to go to the burning areas. Usually I end up running past packs of zeds yelling to draw them into the fire area before sneaking away to let them burn. Then I go into the area that was (hopefully) just cleared and do some looting. This usually works out (although I don't get credit for the zombies I burned up) but I got screwed once when a LOUD ambient gunshot went off bringing flaming zeds running *back* to where I was looting.

I'm like the dog whose owner died and no one adopted and just wanders around the same area until I die and/or run out of food which by then I would have cleared a significant amount of zombies around said area and are packing up to look for a new home and the dog analogy just lost its effect in this in that I now realize I'm more of a locust who devours everything around me and inevitably kills off most of the population by making them starve or by beating their heads in with improvised weapons O__O

Christ... all of these are just plain glorious. When I'm serious, I play like you'll do. Either go full out Nomad, or find a place, and live in caution. It's amazing how many ways you can play this game.

Oh, Asparagus... I'll mention that I guess I'd be able to describe my play-style a bit like yours. Starving and murdering seems to be my main style x)

I usually try to find an axe as soon as (Lumberjack ftw) and secure a chosen perimeter. Then I try to stock on food and stuff killing most of encountered zombies, searching for more axes. Then I kill more zombies, build walls, start farming and go looking for hunting magazines.

Originally I was just a long term survivors, get out of dodge and just do runs into town to keep up my supplies for my out of town base of operations. I would set up some minor bases just in case things went south during a run and I needed a place to lay low.

I'm expanding on this now. I'd say I've become more of a reclaimer. I'm essentially trying to reclaim the world by setting up safezones throughout the map and keep herding zed into "Quarantine Zones"

My list of things to do/get:

1. Big two-story house/warehouse

2. Sheets, sheet rope, less furniture

3. Medical supplies, lots of them... even though I'll only use 1 bottle of disinfectant in my lifetime.

4. Food, and lots of it.

5. Forever food, and even more of it.

6. Garbage bags, hiking bags

7. Axes, sledgehammer, nails, and 100% hammer

8. Secure place of living

9. Rain barrels

10. Farm

11. Guns

12. Secure neighborhood/outer lot

13. Bigger farm

14. Loot houses, all of them

15. Survive and get military radio equipment